Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
messier
What's DOS?
Views: 5,511
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Thinkpad T410 blank screen with backlight when startup

I don't know if it's the correct section to post this but I'm desperately looking for help. My Lenovo notebook has been giving me problems for months - it won't start up normally. Usually when I "on" the notebook, it will first be a BLANK SCREEN with the backlight on. For the first few times it happened, a couple of tilting and swinging of the notebook monitor would do the trick but today, it is completely blank. The first time this happened when was I closed the laptop to let it sleep for 15 minutes. When I came back and open the laptop again, the screen just won't load until I tilt it for about 2~3 times. I tried tilting and swinging to the monitor screen again but it just won't load - just a blank screen with the backlight. It has been like this for the whole day. First thing is - can I claim warrenty from Lenovo for this? It's a hardware problem. Second would be - Will this affect the memory of my laptop if I were to change the monitor? Thirdly - How long will the repair take ( approximately ) ? Will it be an on-site repair or do I have to leave it in the service center for a few days? Thanks!
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 5,468
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T410 blank screen with backlight when startup

sounds like a hardware problem with either connection cable or the LCD itself. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
september13
Paper Tape
Views: 5,445
Message 3 of 4

first, you need to inquire if your machine is under warranty, turn your notebook , you need to get the machine type (M/T) format is XXXX-XXX,

go to this site :

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=SITE-WARNTY

it will ask you to key in the machine type , the first 4 digits only and your serial number

alternately: you can call them at 8006011343 and press 1 to choose (Notebook)

even though your machine is out of warranty they can still assist you (only through phone) but won't do any on-site/labor/change parts. otherwise you'll pay for it.

hope this helps.

robonill
Paper Tape
Views: 5,004
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I just got this computer and I'm facing the same issue. This laptop will become standard issue at my workplace, but I'm finding this blank screen issue very annoying. It started happening when I tried to connect a second display, if I try to turn dual display on, the laptop screen will work for 2-3 minutes before going blank again. I've tried tweaking the energy and graphics settings but the issue persists.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors