Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDoomguy
Paper Tape
Views: 248
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Thinkpad T450 problem with Halo 2

Hello. I have issues with the Lenovo ThinkPad T450. When I play Halo 2 vista (an old and good game) textures flicker rapidly. I have these specs

Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-5300U CPU @ 2.30ghz

Installed Memory - 4.00GB (2.98 usable)

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 5500

System type - 32bit operating system

I have tried using the Intel Update Utility, but it won't install. It says "Access is denied"

I have also tried using the driver updates, but it won't even install, just like the utility.

The game flickers like this

Please help

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 223
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T450 problem with Halo 2

What operating system are you using, and what version of the Intel driver is installled?

If you go to Device Manager,right click on the Intel Grahpic 5500 and disable it, does the flickering go away, or get worse.

Normally such issues are driver related, so not sure there will be a fix anytime soon via Lenovo drivers..    If you are not on Windows 10 (I have not had luck doing this on Windows 10 myself anyway), you can sometimes download the .zip version of the driver and get it to install, which bypasses the check that prevent them from installing on OEM systems.   Just remember that they have not been tested by Lenovo, so you may have issues.

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file.
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Click Start.
  4. Right-click Computer > Manage. When prompted for permission from User Account Control, click Yes.
  5. Select Device Manager from the navigation tab on the left.
  6. Double-click Display Adapters.
  7. Right-click the Intel® Graphics Controller and click Update Driver Software.
  8. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  9. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
  10. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
  11. Reboot computer when prompted.

Not sure if that will work, but be sure to create a System Restore point before attemping, and have a bootable System Repair or Recover Disk handy too. 

There are also beta version of the driver as a .zip availabe at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-hd-graphics-5500-for-5th-gener... , but just remember, they are Beta.

Good Luck,

DDoomguy
Paper Tape
Views: 205
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T450 problem with Halo 2

Windows 7 is my OS.

I tried disabling it, the executable did not open at all.

I did the driver beta thing, it says

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the software manufacturer"

I think I found a suitable ZIP file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Window...

I'll return with results.

EDIT : Nope, it says "Windows has detected your driver is up to date"

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors