Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfernie
What's DOS?
Views: 179
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Thinkpad T460s - Wont turn on after being off for extended period

So my wife's laptop got wet (water bottle leaked in her laptop bag) and I tried to dry it out as best possible, but after a few days of airing it out it would not turn on. Through online searching I discovered the remove batteries and ram, hold power button for 60 seconds, put ram back and plug in power cable etc and it worked! But now it seems if we shutdown the laptop and let it sit for an unknown amount of hours it will not turn on again and I have to repeat the above process again but it again will startup. I had her leave it in sleep mode while she wasn't using it which seemed to work but it appears that it may have shutoff on its own after being asleep for an extended period of time (not 100% sure if she accidentally shut it down on or put it into sleep mode.)

Does anyone happen to know if there is something I can do beyond the above steps to possibly bring it back to normal? Any help is greatly appreciated!

AVTech1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 130
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T460s - Wont turn on after being off for extended period

Hello there. My suggestion would be to reset the bios through the pinhole reset in the bottom of the machine. You will have to go back into the bios once reset and set the date and time which is a bit of a pain, but i have been able to solve weird issue's by resetting the bios in a few of my own machines in the past. Its worth a shot.   

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors