Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Brainlaser
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 249
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Thinkpad T490 BIOS Upgrade Failure and Recovery

https://youtu.be/d4Rp0Ty30CQ

We put our image on, install the Lenovo Vantage from the Microsoft Store.

Open the Lenovo Vantage software and install the BIOS update. It fails everytime.

It's happend on this batch today and every batch of T490 prior. Please fix this!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 225
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T490 BIOS Upgrade Failure and Recovery

Hello,

I took a quick look at your video and I'm not seeing the failure.  It says the update was successful.  Can you post the time in the video that shows the error?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Brainlaser
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 217
Message 3 of 6

So the "Self Healing" message at 2:44 of the video is normal?

We are a Lenovo shop and have never seen this message before except on the T490s.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 214
Message 4 of 6

@Brainlaser wrote:

So the "Self Healing" message at 2:44 of the video is normal?

We are a Lenovo shop and have never seen this message before except on the T490s.

It is normal with the newer BIOSen.  Does that on my newer ThinkPads.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Brainlaser
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 209
Message 5 of 6

Would you not say the the word "healing" infers some kind of issue? 

I still don't buy it. Any documentation to back up your statement?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 195
Message 6 of 6

It is not "healing" it is "backing up the self healing BIOS" for possible future recovery from BIOS problems.

If you read the message, that's all that "healing" implies.

Buy it or not, that's up to you.  Mine all do it.

I don't know of any documents, but here's a link to someone else who noticed it: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Community-Spotlight/Self-Healing-BIOS/ba-p/4383028

I''m not even slightly interested in arguing about this, or "backing up" my statement.  I've given you what I know.  If that doesn't float your boat, perhaps someone else can provide confirmation.

Z.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors