cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pechep
Paper Tape
Views: 10,242
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Windows 10 bluetooth not showing up? (SOLVED)

Hello everyone, this is my first post here so pm me if you have questions because I will blow through this quickly:

Have you installed/upgraded to win 10? do you have no bluetooth driver or even the option to get it? Well I took 2-3 hours to figure it out so you don't have to!

First make sure that bluetooth is enabled in your bios (F1 at startup) the setting is tucked away in there, mine was diabled for some reason.

Second install the "universal" win 10 DRIVER from Intel which is NOT ON THE SUPPORT SITE: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25172/eng/WP-BT_17.1.1529.1613_t64.exe

Third: Download and install this overlay key crap that lenovo has on thier support site called on screen display (for win 10) can't find it, the site had crashed for me.

Fourth: restart computer

Fif: launch C:\DRIVERS\HOTKEY\OSD\F5\TpFnF5.exe and use the gui to enable bluetooth

A bluetooth icon should pop on your home bar tool tray, led should also come on indicating it is active, and also under devices in windows 10 you should be able to toggle it on and pair devices (you can also get there by double clicking the icon)

thank me now or later, but lenovo's support for windows 10 compliantcy is disgusting. I love my T510 and only this once has let me down. bad lenovo, BAD!

dpmcp
What's DOS?
Views: 10,007
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Windows 10 bluetooth not showing up? (SOLVED)

I'll thank you now. I had them same issue as you on my T510 and figured there's got to be a driver out there somewhere. Couldn't find anything in Lenovo support and no reference to any testing or pending support for T510 with windows 10.

Your solution worked. I checked BIOS and found it was enabled for bluetooth. All I did after that was step 2 in your post and got the driver. At that point I thought I'd just give it a go and see what happens. Went to the TpFnF5.exe (on my computer it was in  C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\HOTKEY\OSD\F5\TpFnF5.exe) launched it, turned on the bluetooth radio and was back in business. Connected to a bluetooth boombox and it worked no problem.  I put a shortcut to that file in my task bar so I don't need to screw around with getting the F5 hotkey going.

Upgraded to windows 10 5 days ago. So far everything I normally use on the T510 is working properly. Unless the thing blows up tomorrow, I don't know why Lenovo so far hasn't supported it for win 10.

Thanks again.

thoral
Token Ring
Views: 9,203
Message 3 of 4

Betreff: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Windows 10 bluetooth not showing up? (SOLVED)

Thanks! Works as expected on my T510!

Thorsten
xen
Token Ring
Views: 8,938
Message 4 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Windows 10 bluetooth not showing up? (SOLVED)

Using the generic Intel driver resolves the Bluetooth problems on laptops from the W-series too. However, there is no need to download from the link included by the OP. Instead, just choose ‘Update driver’ followed with ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ from the Device Manager and Windows provides you with a working driver. Ensure to reboot your machine afterwards.

I have yet to see this issue on laptops from the T-series, but it surely is disappointing to see such problems on a ThinkPad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors