Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-31-2010

France

7 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Thinkpad T510 product and customer service feed back

2010-10-21, 16:29 PM

I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad T510 this summer. After only one day of use, I encountered a series of blue screens. I called the Lenovo hotline which had my machine picked up a day later. I then I waited several days after which I got my machine back. The hardware repair people told me that they were not able to localize the cause of the blue screens so they simply exchanged the hard disk and the memory.

After another day's use, the series of blue screens started to come up again so that I had to complain one more time. Now, the Lenovo hotline people treated me very rudely, they blamed the faulty behavior of the machine on me and they would even hang up the phone. I had to call several times until I finally had someone on the phone who told me to ask for an exchange of the machine. As nobody answered my corresponding e-mail, I had to call several more times - nobody ever wanted to accept responsability. After some more days, I was in contact with a decision maker of Lenovo who agreed on exchanging my faulty machine. Sure enough I had to send it in which caused considerable costs. After another day I was sent a new machine.

Believe it or not - on the very day of arrival of the new machine, the series of blue screens would start again. Sure enough, I called again - only to experience the already known, rude behavior of the hotline people. As I know that the hotline is still run in the background by IBM, I tried to find support from IBM directly. The experience that I made here was even worse - rudeness in combination with inefficency, calls were hung up, I was even called names...

As I had by now been without a computer for more than a month, I contacted the company that originally sold the Lenovo Thinkpad T510 to me. I asked them for a refund of the machine and explained them why. They agreed with me and they promised to do everything so that I would get my money back. They asked me to send in the machine again - which I did and which again caused high costs. It took another series of e-mails and phone calls until I got my money back. I finally was told  that the blue screens were caused by a bad graphics card.

The whole story took well over two months. Nobody (neither from Lenovo nor from IBM) ever sent a word of excuse nor did I get my expenses back.

Have you made similar experiences? I suggest to let the community know. I only can say as much as this: Don't even think about buying a Lenovo Thinkpad T510, stay away from Lenovo and its customer service!

Options

437 Posts

08-13-2010

Tucson, Arizona

1589 Signins

6792 Page Views

• Views: 6792
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 product and customer service feed back

2010-10-22, 20:56 PM

Sorry to hear about your T510 experience.  From your first description of the problem, I was inclined to suspect a bad graphics card/chipset.  There is no excuse for rudeness, but it seems to be prevalent these days.

I took delivery of my T510 in July.  I upgraded the OS to Win 7 Ultimate, and then upgraded the HDD to the new Seagate Momentus XT 320GB.

My graphics combo is the Lenovo 15.7-in LED (1900x600) display, driven by the NVIDIA NVS 3100video system

I also added the Ultrabay III adapter to swap with the optical drive, and have a second 320GB data drive for music and photos.

Everything has performed perfectly, - never so much as a hiccup.

I also have a Lenovo T60 which has performed perfectly for over 2 years.

Options

9644 Posts

12-27-2009

Canada

3313 Signins

95283 Page Views

• Views: 95283
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 product and customer service feed back

2010-10-22, 22:19 PM
I have a T400 and have convinced two friends to get T410's and two other friends to get T510's. They haven't had any significant problems with it.

As for your T510, I'd say just keep calling. I'm not sure about whether or not it's possible to ask for a supervisor or higher up tech support; I've only called to ask for replacement parts to replace myself.

I do hope one of the Lenovo employees on this forum can help clean this mess up.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms