cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OCPRoboCop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 575
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Update installed on T410 now have Code 52 on Intel Wireless 6300 AGN adapter

I recently purchased a refurbished T410 as I always have been interested in Thinkpad's for a while and felt it was time to take the plunge.

I have been using it without any issues until I installed Lenovo Update and once I installed it I let it do its thing and update all that it needed to one thing being the BIOS. Once everything updated and it restarted itself I was at my desktop and I could not get a wireless signal only to find out that my wireless adapter wasn’t even being recognized.

I pulled up device manager and looked into the issue and saw that it has a Code 52. This message followed:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

After doing some research I found out that upon boot you can press F8 and boot into the Windows advanced boot options and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement." Once I did this the problem was solved but here is the kicker, this is needed to be done every time you power on the T410 from shut down.

Has anyone encountered this sort of problem before or can help me and point me in a specific direction to help fix this issue?

OCPRoboCop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 533
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Update installed on T410 now have Code 52 on Intel Wireless 6300 AGN adapter

I figured out the problem and long story short what I did was basically go into the device manager find the wireless adapter and then highlighted it.

Once it was highlighted I right clicked it and selected uninstall.

Then I restarted my thinkpad and upon restart Windows 7 automatically reloaded the drivers to it and then it was back in action and is now in working order.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors