Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjeroue
What's DOS?
Views: 1,042
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo t430 rescue and recovery

i am trying to perform a resuce and recovery with the included 4 dvd set for windows 7 on a lenovo t430

i fly through the first 3 cd's, only to get hung up on the 'applications and recovery disc 2/2' dvd.  it says the dvd is not the correct one.  i ordered a 2nd cd set from lenovo and same result.  i talked to lenovo support and they were no help, made me mail in my other laptop which does not help me long term

i have done this many times on a t440 and no issues.  when i try to use the recovery dvd set that is specific to the t430, it gets hung up on the /application 2/2' dvd.  

i reset the bios to os optimized defaults.  tried it on two separate t430's and same result.  laptop has no OS on it, trying to perform a factory restore with rescue recovery dvd's and can't get it to work

any ideas?

Gmee123
Paper Tape
Views: 936
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo t430 rescue and recovery

This thread is currently trying to figure it out on the T430

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Two-sets-of-recovery-discs-have-now-fail...

No solution yet.. OP there said his dad "cancelled" at the failure point, and somehow got into windows. Not sure how yet myself,. 

radekpletka
Token Ring
Views: 909
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo t430 rescue and recovery

I had a similar problem with it on my old t61p installing W7 from original Lenovo DVDs (paid $50 for them ) on it and solved it by several times putting in different DVDs from the installation set, until the system decided to accept one of them and got me into the windows. I may even hit escape or some other buttons, but not cancel, if I remember it correctly, it was long time ago and it was frustrating.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors