Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-30-2018

Russian Federation

4 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo t470p speakers not working for all the time

2018-01-30, 10:59 AM

For several last days, I have a strange behavior of speakers and microphone in my t470p. For most of the time they are unavailable in both Linux or Windows OS. However, where I'm doing little push on screen backward (like adjusting screen little bit), both microphone and speaker start working and become available. After I stop adjusting screen (making push backward) device become unavailable again. I'm sure that it is some kind of hardware problem and it should be easy fixing (like some connector is not attached properly inside LCD panel), but according to maintenance manual, I do not see any wires related to speakers or sound card going inside LCD panel. Can anybody advise how to fix such behavior?

Options

7 Posts

01-30-2018

Russian Federation

4 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo t470p speakers not working for all the time

2018-01-30, 12:25 PM
There is one more moment: I found out that such behavior can be connected with audio mini-jack connector. In case I pull in and out headphone mini-jack in notebook female connector, some times speakers are working perfect, but another time working as described above. Is it related to some issue with the connector? Seem like in case I pull in headphone, connector detects it and deactivate speakers and microphones.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms