Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sphinks_one
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo t470p speakers not working for all the time

For several last days, I have a strange behavior of speakers and microphone in my t470p. For most of the time they are unavailable in both Linux or Windows OS. However, where I'm doing little push on screen backward (like adjusting screen little bit), both microphone and speaker start working and become available. After I stop adjusting screen (making push backward) device become unavailable again. I'm sure that it is some kind of hardware problem and it should be easy fixing (like some connector is not attached properly inside LCD panel), but according to maintenance manual, I do not see any wires related to speakers or sound card going inside LCD panel. Can anybody advise how to fix such behavior?

sphinks_one
Paper Tape
Views: 388
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo t470p speakers not working for all the time

There is one more moment: I found out that such behavior can be connected with audio mini-jack connector. In case I pull in and out headphone mini-jack in notebook female connector, some times speakers are working perfect, but another time working as described above. Is it related to some issue with the connector? Seem like in case I pull in headphone, connector detects it and deactivate speakers and microphones.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors