Did you mean: 
porhans
What's DOS?
Views: 417
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo t480s (20L7) black screen after hibernate

Hi all,

its really getting anoying...

i'm using a T480s (20L7) since a few months now and the problem isn't solved till yet and its very anoying.

When the book is hibernating (sleep), its often the cause, that it will not come back. Screen is staying black, although keyboard is working, and the i dot is lit up (no blinking), fan is blowing, power botton is lit up. You can not do anything except hard reboot (hold the power button). Interestingly, the system cannot be pinged or remoted into while in this state, and opening/closing the lid has no effect. 

Sometimes connecting HDMI Monitor will bring the screen back to live, but not every time.

All unsaved work is lost, every time!

- Windows version: Win10 Pro, 1803 build 17134.765

- BIOS version: N22ET50W 1.27

- Do you apply company specific BIOS settings: NO

- Symptom will change when perform "load default" at BIOS Setup: NO

- Video Driver version: 25.20.100.6472 (Intel Corporation)

All Drivers and updates are applied and i really was patient waiting for a solution.
This is a business book, people use it for work, and therefor pay more than for a consumer one.

So please Lenovo, FIX this!

(non of the the other threads regarding this topic had a working solution)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 377
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo t480s (20L7) black screen after hibernate

Hi porhans!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Use is the Lenovo Vantage app which also helps to download the latest available and compatible driver updates for your computer.

https://lnv.gy/2JNAb4U;

Open the Control Panel > Power options > Click on change plan settings on your current plan. Click on Advance and look for Display. Look for adaptive brightness and turn it off. Let us know on how it goes.

Regards, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ty2k18
Paper Tape
Views: 319
Message 3 of 7

I have never had this issue before until the latest BIOS update and Windows 1903 update. Not sure which the cause is.

Regarding the adaptive brightness, I hate it, I have it off anyways. Interestingly enough the lastest driver doesn't even give me this option and the Intel Graphics Command Center which replaces the old Intel Graphics Control panel doesn't place the option there either.

Wondering if someone has found the solutions.

I'm quite frankly surprised about a machine as new as this having issues like this like it was uncommon or custom built pc.

1.jpg

ty2k18
Paper Tape
Views: 317
Message 4 of 7

I see they released another video driver just yesterday, I'll install that and see how it helps...  x.x.x.6890 I had x.x.x.6861 from earlier in the month. Unless someone knows the answer.

iarjunk
Punch Card
Views: 193
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

Is there an update on the issue?

T&R

Arjun

ty2k18
Paper Tape
Views: 164
Message 6 of 7

Hi, this was fixed after installing Windows 10 version 1903, then the updates that came shortly after. I don't have the KB number, but get Windows 10 1903 installed, then keep downloading and installing updates, then restart to install more updates, and repeat. Then I installed the latest video driver. That fixed it for me.

iarjunk
Punch Card
Views: 125
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the update, i am already on 1903,will keep checking

T&R

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors