Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kekistan_prez
Punch Card
Views: 398
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo vantage question

I have T430 which was originally designed with thinkvantage application instead of lenovo vantage (either the deployment version or the UWP/windows store version). Will the thinkvantage button continue to work with windows 10 to open lenovo vantage? Is the T430 even compatible with lenovo vantage or must I use the old application? Thanks in advance.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 389
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo vantage question

I think the names are what is confusing.  Thinkvantage was/is a name for a group of applications:  Thinkvantage System Update, Thinkvantage Rescue and Recovery. Thinkvantage Access Connections, etc. 

Lenovo Vantage is a single package that replaces the functions in Lenovo Settings and can perform diagnostics and update drivers.  It should be compatible with the T430 and should not affect the Thinkvantage button

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kekistan_prez
Punch Card
Views: 383
Message 3 of 8

So for Windows 10, I should use Lenovo Vantage replaces all the function of the Thinkvantage software package?

What will the thinkvantage button do in Windows 10, given that ONLY the lenovo vantage software is installed?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 359
Message 4 of 8

I did not say that Lenovo Vantage replaced all the ThinkVantage features.  The T430 was never delivered with windows 10.  It does not have a ThinkVantage-stype recovery poartition.   There is no windows 10 power manager.  Windows 10 uses native windows recovery processes.  I believe that the T430 was never listed as being compatible with the latest windows 10 creartors update, 1709.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
SeniorGuru
Views: 354
Message 5 of 8

Will the thinkvantage button continue to work with windows 10 to open lenovo vantage?

I don't think the T430 has a ThinkVantage button.

Is the T430 even compatible with lenovo vantage or must I use the old application?

It is to the extent that Lenovo Vantage replaces the functions of equivalent ThinkVantage apps. Not all ThinkVantage apps have equivalent functionality in Lenovo Vantage. And in some cases the TV functionality has been integrated in Windows 10 itself. In those situations keep on using the TV versions.

Bit Torrent
Views: 346
Message 6 of 8

Additional information:

On win7, it is documented Lenovo ThinkVantage tools program.

It was actually a GUI launch panel to launch other Lenovo software. It was not 1 software containing Lenovo software, it was a simple GUI.

On some machines, not yours, a ThinkVantage blue button would launch this GUI.

After win7, some of the software is obselete.  Some is included within the Lenovo Vantage app, some is now offered via windows, etc as outlined above by other users.

toolbox.PNG

kekistan_prez
Punch Card
Views: 340
Message 7 of 8

But can I still use lenovo vantage with T430 under W10?

I don't think I will use the recovery feature, so that's not a big issue.

Doesn't vantage also incorporate the power manager?

I am replacing the worthless garbage that is the 6-row keyboard with the old style 7-row keyboard from the T420. From hamish coleman's EC patch to fix keybindings, it says that the ThinkVantage button has the same function regardless of the keyboard and if the system is/isn't EC keybind patched.

This is the button I'm referring to.

SeniorGuru
Views: 325
Message 8 of 8

But can I still use lenovo vantage with T430 under W10?

Yes. I do. It works fine.

Doesn't vantage also incorporate the power manager?

Yes. In particular it provides the equivalent battery management functions that were in TV PM, e.g. battery charging thresholds. Windows 10 also includes some power management functions that used to be in TV PM.

>This is the button I'm referring to.

That's known as the (are you ready?) "Black Button: When the operating system is working normally, press the black button to launch the SimpleTap programon the Windows 7 operating system...

I've never used that button so I doubt it would be missed if no longer supported.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors