cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenny321
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,335
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo website refuses to process Credit Card (USA) when I try to order a Thinkpad T410

Some other user also posted this at:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Order-related-customer-service-concerns/td-p/185709/p...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Order-related-customer-service-concerns/m-p/207076#M6...

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Creditcard-Charge-Payment-Problem/td-p/201936

But it is in "General Discussion" forum, and maybe no one has noticed this.

QUOTE BEGIN:

I'm trying to make a purchase at the Lenovo US website and I keep getting this error message

(The bank did not approve the charges for the credit card provided. Please verify the information provided was accurate, contact your bank or enter another form of payment)

I've verified with my bank that the card is in order and there is sufficent credit to make the purchase. (I previously used the same card to make successful purchases a few months back) I even tried using another credit card but was still unsuccessful. I tried using different shipping addresses, tried using different computers, different accounts, no luck. Whats the problem here?

I've called, emailed lenovo, but still no word or help.

QUOTE END:

In my case - very similar - I tried all the above as well. I also called my BANK - and they said no problem with the credit card, and they did not even get the "decline" in their system, so they suspect LENOVO website issue!!!

Former Administrator
Views: 3,306
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo website refuses to process Credit Card (USA) when I try to order a Thinkpad T410

Lenny321,

Can you send me a PM with your order number?   I'll see what we can find out.

Mark

Lenny321
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,297
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo website refuses to process Credit Card (USA) when I try to order a Thinkpad T410

Mark,

I dont have a "Order Number". The problem is

1. I add my T410 to my shopping cart.

2. I click on 'Lenovo Checkout' button

3. Then I enter my credit card info etc. and when I try to purchase - it tells me "(The bank did not approve the charges for the credit card provided. Please verify the information provided was accurate, contact your bank or enter another form of payment)

So - I guess it never got around to the point of generating the Order Number and thats an issue. I talked to my Credit Card company and they said that they never even got a request from the Lenovo Website, so they said the problem is with the Lenovo Website. They said my credit card is fine, and they did NOT decline any charges.

Since other users are facing this issue as well, pls. see if there is a problem on the Lenovo Website or let me know how to proceed. Thanks.

Retired Guru
Views: 3,206
Message 4 of 7

@Lenny321 wrote:

Mark,

I dont have a "Order Number". The problem is

1. I add my T410 to my shopping cart.

2. I click on 'Lenovo Checkout' button

3. Then I enter my credit card info etc. and when I try to purchase - it tells me "(The bank did not approve the charges for the credit card provided. Please verify the information provided was accurate, contact your bank or enter another form of payment)

So - I guess it never got around to the point of generating the Order Number and thats an issue. I talked to my Credit Card company and they said that they never even got a request from the Lenovo Website, so they said the problem is with the Lenovo Website. They said my credit card is fine, and they did NOT decline any charges.

Since other users are facing this issue as well, pls. see if there is a problem on the Lenovo Website or let me know how to proceed. Thanks.

Have you tried to configure and order this system over the phone?

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,199
Message 5 of 7

@sys3175 wrote:

+1

I always order Lenovo stuff over the phone.  The sales reps often have a "secret" E-coupon or two floating around.  Saved ~ $300 over the going online price when I bought my T400.

It sure doesn't hurt to ask...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Retired Guru
Views: 3,193
Message 6 of 7

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

@sys3175 wrote:

+1

I always order Lenovo stuff over the phone.  The sales reps often have a "secret" E-coupon or two floating around.  Saved ~ $300 over the going online price when I bought my T400.

It sure doesn't hurt to ask...

Z.

That and it helps the system not get stuck in invalid configuration limbo.. lol

Thinkpad T500-2081 CTO | T9400 2.53GHz | 8 GB RAM | ATI HD3650 + Intel GM45 | 15.4" LED WXGA+ | Windows 10 | ATI Catalyst 13.1 (non-switchable)
Thinkpad 390x | PII 333 | 256mb ram | NeoMagic 256AV | SVGA LCD | OS/2 v4.52
rogerandersonuk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,125
Message 7 of 7

I had exactly the same problem when i tried to order mine in the UK. I tried with both a credit card and debit card with no luck. Called my bank up and it turns out both were blocked due to the transaction being suspicious. They unlocked them and the purchase went through no problem.

Except that Lenovo dont take the money straight away, so 2 weeks later when it shipped they tried to take the money and my bank denied the transaction (again suspicious) so I had to approve it a second time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors