Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleGoch
Punch Card
Views: 1,283
Message 1 of 4

Log-In Screen Does Not Appear When Resuming From Standby/Sleep

We are running T400s with XP SP3. From time to time when the computer comes out of standby the login screen will not appear. You just get the background image and your mouse. The mouse will move across the screen. However there is no screen saying press Ctrl+Alt+Del or swipe a finger to login. Also swiping a finger, or pressing ctr+alt+del, typing in your password and hitting Enter does not work either. It seems to be a random but frequent occurence. The couple of T400s with Vista installed do not have this problem. Any ideas?

bio_logic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,256
Message 2 of 4

Re: Log-In Screen Does Not Appear When Resuming From Standby/Sleep

I am having the same problem with the T500's with XP and SP2.  This seems to happen when the computer is left alone for long periods of time.  I cannot force it to happen.  THe background is there and the mouse cursor moves, but no sign-in screen.  The Fn+F5 etc buttons work to bring up the appropriate lenovo apps but nothing else.  Any Ideas?
bio_logic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,222
Message 3 of 4

After doing some troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the FingerPrint reader software.  Sure enough after uninstalling it fixed the issue but then the finger print reader is useless.  I looked at the latest Version, 3.2.0.116, readme file and it states:

<3.2.0.116>
 - (Fix) Fingerprint Reader is not working ater 1 minute idle.
 - (Fix) Fingerprint Reader is not working after standby/resume.

I am wondering if they are still working out the bugs, nothice the "l" missing from later. Any help would be a big plus as I need to roll out about 200 or so for my employer in the next month.

KyleGoch
Punch Card
Views: 1,206
Message 4 of 4

I saw that too. And did the uninstall/re-install thing and still had the same problem.

I called Lenovo support and they recommended uninstalling then reinstalling the Power Management Driver. Im still waiting to see if this works as I can not produce the problem on demand as it just kinda happens randomly.

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors