Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CelineInTheSky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 330
Message 1 of 8

M2 SSD Detection Problem on my ThinkPad 470s

Hi,

I was working on my computer yesterday evening (transfering pictures from my laptop to a server in order to have a back up copy) and suddenly I had a black screen with the error 2100 : detection error on M2

Since that my computer doesn't work and it seems that the SSD is not recognized at all. I can't see him on the BIOS.

My laptop is 6 months old so I'm a little surprised by this kind of problem. I can't access to Windows so it seems that I have lost all my data (and I don't have any backup - I know that I'm wrong on that point Smiley Frustrated).

I don't know what to do now but it seems that I'm not the only person who face this issue (found topics on others forums but didn't find any solution which work for me)

Does someones had the same issue before or have an idea of what to do ? I'm very surprised that the SSD  can be dead (only 6 months running). What can I try to recover my data ?

Thank you a lot

Celine

CelineInTheSky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 2 of 8

Re: M2 SSD Detection Problem on my ThinkPad 470s

Still the issue. Nobody has encountered this problem ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 248
Message 3 of 8

This problem usually means that the SSD has died.  Do you have a warranty?  This is the time to use it

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CelineInTheSky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 244
Message 4 of 8

Yes I have a warranty but I try to see if there is a solution has I would like to get back my data (some of them were not back up) :-(
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 242
Message 5 of 8

You might try putting the SSD indo a USB housing.  The timing might be a little different and let you get something off

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CelineInTheSky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 240
Message 6 of 8

I have bought 2 adaptator in order to see if I can see the disk but strangely, my disk is a bit longer that the adaptator (yet I checked the reference, so strange)
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 238
Message 7 of 8

Looking at the base spec, the T470s can have either SATA or PCIe m.2 SSDs.

AFAIK there's still no USB adapter for PCIe drives so you may be out of luck there.  There are PCIe m.2 adapter _cards_ for desktops but that's a complicated option.

good luck,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

CelineInTheSky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 213
Message 8 of 8

Thank you for the reply. It seems that its a PCI format. I have tried to put my disk on a P50 (which have 2 slots) but I was not able to see the disk in the BIOS. Do you think that I need to do something special in the BIOS (which can explain why I don't see it). Thank you a lot ! :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors