Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjackson80
Not applicable
Views: 95
Message 1 of 1

MS Word Art appears on integrated display but not external monitors

I have a user's laptop that is experiencing a problem I have never seen before involving Word Art in MS Word 2010. When she received it the document opened properly and she could see it properly. However, a second user--who also received the document--asked how to remove the "DRAFT" on the document. The user I'm trying to help was confused because she could not see it on her screen, which are two external monitors.

When I went to her to start troubleshooting, we discovered if we changed the background color to anything but white we could see it, but as soon as we change it back to white we can no longer see it. I had her change the color of "DRAFT"--which is inserted Word Art and NOT a watermark, we discovered--but that effected no change. I then had her move to a new workstation with a different docking station/external monitors/etc but received the same problem. However, we soon discovered that we COULD see the "DRAFT" art on her laptop's display. Additionally, I discovered if I attached a video cable (I used an HDMI-to-HDMI) directly from the laptop to an external monitor that I could see "DRAFT" on the external monitor.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen before? Updating all drivers has not solved the problem, either. I'm thinking there is a problem with the docking station connector on the laptop; beyond that I'm really scratching my head on this one.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors