01-28-2011

HN

93 Signins

385 Page Views

• Views: 385
  • Message 1 of 1

MTSA / Warranty Question - T470

2018-05-07, 19:39 PM

Hi all.  My T470 stopped recogninzing the power adapter over the weekend (USB-C) and is also not recognizing my wife's 'normal' power adapter from her E570.  I created an MTSA ticket which is sitting as 'open' with no updates other than my own but not sure if that will work because of my situation.....

PC was purchased from and delivered to Canada so is likely a 'Canadian' machine in Lenovo's eyes.  I now live on the island of Roatan in the Caribbean which belongs to Honduras.  When I created the MTSA ticket it automatically populated location as Honduras, doubtless due to IP address.  Warranty is return to depot.

I fully expect I will need to ship the machine to the support center, US makes the most sense as we have a US PO box for return shipping (no mail or regular courier service on the island) and will then have the repaired machine sent to that PO Box and arrange to get it through the shipping company we use.

My question is, will MTSA actually work for this?  I'm concerned that Honduras doesn't have warranty coverage and that the ticket will end up 'lost' in the system.  Do I need to do something else, do I need to contact someone outside of MTSA or do I just need to be patient and wait for a response?

Thanks in advance.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save