Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrandonKB
Blue Screen Again
Views: 580
Message 1 of 1

Making Home and End keys near the arrow keys on the ThinkPad T470s

Hello,

How can I get the home and end keys near the arrow keys on my keyboard without losing page up and page down?

I'm a power screen reader user and use the home and end keys once every 5 minutes and I use the computer for around 9-10 hours a day.

This means there is a whole lot of moving my hand from the arrow keys to the top of the keyboard. After a day of using my new laptop, my arm is starting to hurt from moving from the bottom to the top of the keyboard so much.

What most manufacturers do is have fn+left be home and fn+right be end. They also have fn+up be page up and fn+down be page down. I would love this! Currently the page up and page down keys are right above the arrow keys. FN + page up and down being mapped to home and end would be great as well. I can't figure out how to map fn keystrokes using something like Auto Hot Key though. I would be OK with swapping the home and end keys with the page up and down keys, but I can't figure out how to do that either. Auto Hot Key does not work 100% of the time and I need this functionality 100% of the time.

What method would be the best for me to get home and end by the arrow keys?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors