Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosman
Paper Tape
Views: 616
Message 1 of 3

Making an image of hard drive on T460s as a replacement backup drive

Hi, I have a T4602 with 1 TB drive, Windows 10 shows the drive as samsung MZSLW1T0HMLH-000L1
Machine Type Model 20F9CTO1WW

Has anyone been able to find a similar drive to purchase and image it with something like Acronis True Image?

I've looked in many places but have not been able to find any reference to the topic.

Have not called Lenovo yet.

Thanks

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 598
Message 2 of 3

Re: Making an image of hard drive on T460s as a replacement backup drive

Hello and welcome,

Looks like NewEgg has that drive.

Are you planning to clone it?  That may be a challenge since as far as I know there aren't any m.2 PCIe-to-anything adapters available yet.

You should be able to pull an Acronis image and restore that to a backup drive after installing it.  Perhaps that's your plan.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

bosman
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 3 of 3

Re: Making an image of hard drive on T460s as a replacement backup drive

Thank you Z.  That makes sense.  I think I will clone it to a regular external drive and clone it back to the m2 if I ever need to.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors