cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksen1502
Paper Tape
Views: 4,148
Message 1 of 6

Missing Biometric Devices from the Device Manager of T450s system with windows 10

Hello, 

I am currently trying to enable Fingerprint verification on T450s system with windows 10. I tried to implement fingerprint through ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software 6.0.0. But it failed to enrol user. Later I searched for Biometric Device in the Device Manager, but could not find any. 

Does anybody experience this problem? what is the solution?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,083
Message 2 of 6

Re: Missing Biometric Devices from the Device Manager of T450s system with windows 10

Hello and welcome,

I just now gave this a try on my T450s.    The fingerprint login appears to be controlled by Windows.

Settings -> Accounts -> Sign in options -> Fingerprint (Set up)

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

ksen1502
Paper Tape
Views: 4,036
Message 3 of 6

Re: Missing Biometric Devices from the Device Manager of T450s system with windows 10

Hello Z,

The problem is I don't have any figerprint option under the 'sign-in options'. It says that windows Hello is not available on this device. 

Regards,

Kaushik

1thinker2
What's DOS?
Views: 601
Message 4 of 6

Did you ever resolve this issue I also have this issue.

ksen1502
Paper Tape
Views: 590
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I did. Basically, the fingerprint sensor was not working in the PC. Lenevo service team replaced this. And the functions started working. 

1thinker2
What's DOS?
Views: 555
Message 6 of 6

Thanks! That's what I figured it was, I purchased mine refurbished from Fry's Electronics, I'll bet they accidentally disconnected it. I'll return it to get it checked out, everything else runs great.

Thanks again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors