Did you mean: 
sunfish
What's DOS?
Views: 15,277
Message 1 of 10

Mobile Broadband: SIM card not activated

Access Connections 6.25.65 GIC765WW
Windows 7 64 Bit

After 2 years using access connections without problems, suddenly my SIM card is classified as not activated.

Activation via the Toolbox queries the PIN. But after a restart, the SIM Card is be displayed again as not activated.

In the Windows Network and Sharing Center the standard Wi-Fi can be disconnected and the mobile broadband can be connected.

Uninstall and reinstall of the Access Connections software does not change the situation.

Access conections is pretty nice. As it was still working I could choose from several broadband channels. This is not possible in the Windows Network and Sharing Center.

Any help is appreciated

sunfish

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 15,264
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mobile Broadband: SIM card not activated

Hi and welcome, sunfish

Firstly, let's try to split issues and possible sources.

1. Activation app in the Lenovo Toolbox is for the simless networks like Verizon, AT&T only. It's for the device activation (modem, phone...) within their network, not for the sim card

2. Please, confirm or clarify my assumption:
- AC has wwan connection profile for your mobile broadband operator
- is it predefined profile or you made it yourself?
- did you check out profile settings, mainly, APN? Any chance operator has changed this setting, at least, for your sim card tariff?

3. You are able to establish mobile broadband connection via the system connection manager. Compare APN settings in the system profile with one in the AC

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

sunfish
What's DOS?
Views: 15,257
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for your quick reply.

Question 2: AC has wwan connection profile for your mobile broadband operator
Yes, this connection profile was working for two years.

It was a predefined profile: Vodafone D2 Vertrag (Contract)

•     Qualkomm Gobi 2000 HS-USB Mobile Broadband Device 9205
  •     HSDPA Net Profile: Vodafon, APN: web.vodaphone, PIN: pin
  •     The connection data of the provider 1&1 are still the same.

The system connection manager get's the connection with this APN and password.

Since those problems occur, access connections shows only a short time after windows start the WLAN and WWAN possible sources. By now I wanted to create an new WWAN profile. But only the first page is shown with name, type and adapter. The next button is active, but no next-page is shown, so the profile could not be created.

In the last four weeks, I have deinstalled Access Conections three times. But the problem is not solved.

There is a new profile: Windows-Service for wireless connections.
This one is active after system start. It can not be edeted and not be removed.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 15,251
Message 4 of 10

It seems APN should be web.vodaphone.de

At least, AC on my laptop has this APN setting for your operator.

Also, it's possible to edit or create new profile manually, in the AC .xml file.

Anyway, what's happening after you press the "next" button" in the AC profile creation wizard, on the 2nd page?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Highlighted
sunfish
What's DOS?
Views: 15,247
Message 5 of 10

Sorry APN is allready web.vodafone.de and authentifaction is PAP.

Content of C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Access Connections\AC.xml is since 09-11-2011:
<root>
 <TargetApp>CONWIZ_VS2</TargetApp>
</root>

And this file seems the only AC.XML on my computer.

The Vodafone D2 Vertrag is vonfigured in

Content of C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Access Connections\Marged_profiles.xml

This file has been modified recently.

Even if I start Access Connections as administrator, I can only open the first page of creating a new WWAN connection. If I click on the next button, cursor jumps to name and name is marked, no matter what name is used. I want to call it ePlus or 1und1 eplus. So I have to chancel. I had only read and execute rights for normal users. But changing to full rights does not change anything.

Access Connections does not open Wifi or Mobile Broadband - only other connections is activated even there is a WLAN connection to my router.

<profile>
    <mcnc>262002</mcnc>
    <carrierid>106</carrierid>
    <SMSSupport>true</SMSSupport>
    <SoftAPSupport>true</SoftAPSupport>
    <editable>false</editable>
    <locked>false</locked>
    <country>Germany</country>
    <nwprovider>Vodafone DE(Vertrag)</nwprovider>
    <setting>
      <type>name</type>
      <value>Vodafone D2</value>
    </setting>
    <setting>
      <type>apn</type>
      <value>web.vodafone.de</value>
    </setting>
    <setting>
      <type>dns1</type>
      <value>139.7.30.125</value>
    </setting>
    <setting>
      <type>dns2</type>
      <value>139.7.30.126</value>
    </setting>
    <setting>
      <type>acprofilename</type>
      <value>Vodafone D2 Vertrag</value>
    </setting>
    <setting>
      <type>linktoprovider</type>
      <value>http://www.support.vodafone.com</value>
    </setting>
    <setting>
      <type>authtype</type>
      <value>PAP</value>
    </setting>
  </profile>

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 15,230
Message 6 of 10

Vodafone Vertrag profile is stored in the AC_wanprofiles.xml. IMO this file is being merged with another profiles  .xml files (Predefined_profiles.xml, Sierra_profiles.xml) into the single Marged_profiles.xml file during AC installation process. So, edit Marged_profiles file to edit or create profile you need, manually.

I don't remember default AC UI settings. But there is .xml file with basic UI settings - AcUiConfig.xml. Have a look at the part of this file:

-<AcMainTabs>
<!--AC has 3 main tabs-->
<!--ConnectToTheInternet=This tab is always shown and cannot be removed. 
This tab allows user to connect to Internet--> -<ConnectToTheInternet> <!--Different types of networks. Use Show/Hide to configure.
Show=show this option. Hide=Hide this option--> <Wifi>Show</Wifi> <MobileBroadband>Show</MobileBroadband> <WiMax>Show</WiMax> <OtherConnections>Show</OtherConnections> </ConnectToTheInternet>

I think in your case the values of the fields <WiFi> and <MobileBroadband> are Hide. Check it out and edit as you need.

You can't create new profile because of it might be prohibited by the AC settings too. Do you see the Tools or Options tab on the main AC screen (if no, enable it in the AcUiConfig.xml file)? Now open Global Settings options and select an option that allows any user to create new profile.

sunfish
What's DOS?
Views: 15,216
Message 7 of 10

Re: Mobile Broadband: SIM card not activated (solved)

After I read your last message, I have run the C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\setup.exe without having  uninstalled Access conections before.
Two files have been changed: TM_CCT.xml and Marged_profiles.xml

After that Access Conections shows WiFi and Mobile Broadband radio buttons.

Then the profile Vodafone D2 Vertrag was removed and a new Vodafone Mobile Broadband profile created with the settings of Vodafone Germany as Vodafone Germany-1  (web.vodafone.de). There I entered my PIN for access and everything was fine again. For WLAN my old WLAN profile is used again and the automatically created profule Windows-Service for wireless connections is no longer needed. I can now create new profiles again.

Thank you very much for your help.
Mpoina
Paper Tape
Views: 14,842
Message 8 of 10

Hello ,

I also have the same issue with a T440 and a T450 Thinkpad. The Mobile broadband in the Access connections software is not activated. Can you please check whether or not there are modems inside these laptops?

Here are what I saw at the bottom of the laptop (under the battery)

- for the T440 : Type 20B6-009EMZ

- for the T450 : Type 20BV-001CMZ

Looking forward to your reply and have a nice week

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 14,838
Message 9 of 10

Mpoina,

why do you duplicate the same post and questions? This is a forum rules violation.

I've answered you in another topic.

Mpoina
Paper Tape
Views: 14,831
Message 10 of 10

rry Re: Mobile Broadband: SIM card not activated

Sorry I didn't notice you've already replied that's why I wrote it again here

Thank you 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors