Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwardgonen
Paper Tape
Views: 3,700
Message 1 of 6

Mobile broadband not available on T440S Windows 8.1

My new T440s (model 20AQ004JUS) does not "see" the mobile broadband network. it is not listed in the Networks and I don't see it the devices list (device manager). I have inserted the SIM card correctly, according to the User's manual in the slot on the right side of laptop. 

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit and downloaded and installed the "Ericsson N5321gw Mobile Broadband Driver for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)" driver but still the same - don't see it Networks. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,696
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mobile broadband not available on T440S Windows 8.1

Hello and welcome,

The tabook (ThinkPad Laptops) lists your model as WWAN upgradeable.  Do you actully have that Ericsson or other WWAN card installed in your laptop?

Z

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

edwardgonen
Paper Tape
Views: 3,690
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for such a quick reply. Is there a way to find whether the card is installed? When I purchased this computer I specifically asked for 3G connectivity but things happen. Is there a way to find this out if I have my product serial number?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,685
Message 4 of 6

I'm not sure that a serial number would help.  That specific model doesn't ship with a WWAN card - as I read the specs, anyway.  The antennas are provided - but not the card.  Hence "upgradeable".

You would have needed to order the card as a separate line item.

You might have a look around in Windows device manager and see if you see a WWAN card, or perhaps an unrecognized device.  Sorry I can't be more specific -  none of my machines have broadband capability so I can't have a look.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

edwardgonen
Paper Tape
Views: 3,682
Message 5 of 6

Thanks again. Actually the main problem is that the WWAN is not listed at all in Device Manager. So I guess you are right that it might be optional. I'll contact Lenovo.

Thanks again

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,622
Message 6 of 6
Moved:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors