Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unknownbeef1
Paper Tape
Views: 997
Message 1 of 10

Mouse stutter when using any USB dock - T480

I'm using a Razer Trinity mouse, and it works fine, as long as I plug it directly into the laptop's USB port. If I try to use any sort of USB hub or switch (I've tried three different hubs -- each with a different set of USB cables) the mouse cursor randomly freezes on screen for about one or two seconds at a time.

I tried installing the Razer Synapse 3 software on the laptop, and turned off the mouse lighting (to reduce power usage and rule that out), but that didn't help. I've also:

-updated all drivers/bios via System Update

-installed all Windows Updates

-tried all three Windows power profiles

unknownbeef1
Paper Tape
Views: 950
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mouse stutter when using any USB dock - T480

I should also add that this mouse works fine on other computers.

Highlighted
unknownbeef1
Paper Tape
Views: 924
Message 3 of 10

Is there any hope of a response from a Lenovo employee?
GarethM
Paper Tape
Views: 885
Message 4 of 10

Same problem here. I'm using the USB-C dock with T480, and a usb switch for my mouse and keyboard. Keeps cutting out every 20 seconds for 2-3 seconds. The onboard mouse however seems to work during a stutter.

I have also tried updating drivers etc.

fuzz10
What's DOS?
Views: 519
Message 5 of 10

Yep. Confirmed.  (USB) Mouse stutter with brand new Thinkpad 580 and USB-C docking-station

gianbo
What's DOS?
Views: 465
Message 6 of 10

Same here, it happens only in Windows. I tried Linux and there everything is fine. I opened up a Ticket at IBM.

Is here someone from Lenovo Support that wants to answer us? This is a real Problem!

SG00
What's DOS?
Views: 417
Message 7 of 10

Same problem.  Brand new X1 Gen 6 with USB-C dock.  Lenovo replaced the dock twice and the laptop once.  No difference.  I even bought a Lenovo keyboard and mouse to make sure.  All Lenovo drivers installed including Mouse, Keyboard and Dock. Dock firmware updated, BIOS updated, everything that could be updated has been updated.

If you think the mouse freezing for 1-2 seconds is bad wait until it happens when you're mid-typing and it decides to freeze when a key is down, repeating the keystroke 20-30 times.  Imagine when that key is the enter key and you're purchasing something online or doing something like executing scripts on a database.

GarethM
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 8 of 10

Mouse stutter went went away for several months.......but not it is BACK WITH A VENGEANCE...... PLEASE FIX.

I'll be asking for a refund for my docking station soon. I can't be expected to try and use a laptop for my work which is this unreliable. Here i am trying to hit tight deadlines for work due in and I can't even use my own mouse with it

tcbr453
What's DOS?
Views: 252
Message 9 of 10

@SG00 wrote:

If you think the mouse freezing for 1-2 seconds is bad wait until it happens when you're mid-typing and it decides to freeze when a key is down, repeating the keystroke 20-30 times.  Imagine when that key is the enter key and you're purchasing something online or doing something like executing scripts on a database.

I haven't noticed the mouse freezing, but I have been having the stuck keystroke issue that you describe.  This is with a Monoprice keyboard plugged into a Dell U3419W monitor, which is plugged into my T480 via USB-C.  If I plug the keyboard into the T480 directly, works fine.  So annoying!

Interestingly, though, at the office I connect via a Lenovo dock, and with a Logitech Wave keyboard connected to the dock, and I've never seen the issue there.

winston_p360
What's DOS?
Views: 190
Message 10 of 10

This is exceedingly frustrating. 

Dell T580 running on the USB-C Dock. Constant mouse studder and keyboard clitch of repeating characters. 

Do we know if Lenovo has even acknowledged that this is an issue?  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors