Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfkelly2005
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,448
Message 1 of 14

My T430 has suddenly slowed to a crawl

I'm new to these forums BTW.

So today, I was using my laptop as I do, I closed chrome, and noticed how slow it had gotten. I right clicked on the taskbar so I could bring up task manager to see if anything was hogging my resources, and my right click wouldn't load! So I turned off my PC, turned it back on again, and it took 10 minutes to boot! It's never been this slow and it's frustrating to open anything or do anything. I think it's a CPU issue as it happened so suddenly, and because the boot process was so slow. Apps barely open, the PC was flying before this. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what might be happening, please let me know!

Thank you, goodbye!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,430
Message 2 of 14

Re: My T430 has suddenly slowed to a crawl

That kind of problem is usually software.  Try ctrl-alt-del to bring up task manager

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
lfkelly2005
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,412
Message 3 of 14

Yes it might be windows acting up, but the bios times are slow too so I still think it's hardware

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,393
Message 4 of 14

Given that you mention that it is slow even when accessing the BIOS, I would suspect a bad hard drive might be the cause, so back up your data if you can.    

Guru
Views: 1,388
Message 5 of 14

Remove the charger and battery then hold the power button for a minute. Then reconnect and boot up (Simple but it saves lives). If that doesn't work, try CCleaner. Free application that'll scan your system for system errors and waste files. Get a good antivirus like malwarebytes. Even if you don't think your computer is infected, sudden sluggishness of your system seems like a sign. Worse comes to worse, factory reset. 

ttsvetanov
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 6 of 14

I also have the same problem. Its killing me! Every time when i reboot or power on the T430, i am waiting for at least 10 minutes to boot the system. I think that the problem could be a driver. Recently i haved a problem with hign cpu consumation and it was from the modem driver, so i am almost sure that the longer boot is related again with driver issue. PLEASE, give some feedback LENOVO. I reinstalled the system 3 or 4 times, this gives no result, also i have ssd.

Guru
Views: 589
Message 7 of 14

If you have slow boot times it might be your BIOS.
ttsvetanov
Paper Tape
Views: 583
Message 8 of 14

Any arguments or just random hypothese? The "hangout" its on boot time on windows (loading screen), not before that.

Guru
Views: 580
Message 9 of 14

BIOS was the issue for a different boot problem I helped solve. If it's taking a while on the loading screen with an SSD, make sure that you aren't overloading your CPU. Check startup tasks.
ttsvetanov
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 10 of 14

Overloading i7-3520m with two applications on startup (nextcloud and eset nod32)? This can't be the problem. Another fact is that my bios is up to date. Like i said, i think the problem is related with some driver. Example: In safe mode boot startup looks ok.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors