Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexsleep
Paper Tape
Views: 1,635
Message 1 of 4

My laptop is too hot! Lenovo T440p

Hello guys! I'm new here.

I recently bought a laptop (model in the subject) and I noticed that over the keyboard was warm... After I check underneath the laptop, I noticed that was too hot! In low~medium use of the system, the average of the temperature is 56C! Is it normal? The cooler doens't spin but everytime that the system is booting up, I can hear the sound of the cooler spinning (like if was cheking if it's ok). This is odd. The other situation that the cooler spin is when I do some tests with Lenovo tool (stress test, to be precise).

Should I contact the suport to check personaly what is happening with my laptop or is it normal?

Awaiting for an instruction!

Thanks in advance!!

Alex

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,601
Message 2 of 4

Re: My laptop is too hot! Lenovo T440p

56C at moderate use is normal

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Alexsleep
Paper Tape
Views: 1,581
Message 3 of 4

Good to know! But is it normal the fact that the fan is not spinning in this temperature? When used the software called "SpeedFan", it didn't show me the fan in the GUI, like it's not recognized...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,561
Message 4 of 4

I use TPFANCONTROL.  I don't have a T440p to try, but I would expect the fan to come on about 60C and get louder (faster) as the temperatures go up.  If the temperatures are stable at 56C, the fan would be unnecessary.  When I try to see whether the cooling is working, I tend to run Intel Burn Test along with TPFANCONTROL.  Often, temperatures can get uo to 80C or higher and you can hear the difference in sound.  TPFANCONTROL also shows fan speed.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors