Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaselB
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 1 of 2

Network disconnected\Disabled after WIFI connection stopped

Hello,

I'm currently using T440P Laptop, and during connecting to the internet throguh my wireless at home, the intrenet dropped in the wireless 2-3 times in a day, which cause the network connection in my laptop to stop working, and the yellow indicator of the netwwork appears then it turns to gray and without responding to any click on it to show the network connections page of Win 8.1 , anywway going to this page from control panel is showing no WIFI connections , even after my Wifi going-back to work,

So I had to save\close my work and re-boot the laptop when my wifi connection gets back to work again, to make sure that the network connection appears and connected again.

This course is really annoying each time I had to save all my work that takes me around 5-10 mins, then restart the machine to get back the internet connection connected again.

Is there a way to restart the Wireless software or any hotfix to avoid this bug in the software.

Skoop
Bit Torrent
Views: 200
Message 2 of 2

Re: Network disconnected\Disabled after WIFI connection stopped

Are you using driver v17.13?  If not, install it from the support link.  It's fixed many of these issues.

If your wireless hangs up, you don't have to restart.  Open Device Manager, right click the adapter and Disable it.  Then Enable it.  It will come back on. 

Finally, if you don't need the profiling features of the ProSet software, just uninstall it in Control Panel and let Windows manage your wireless.  ProSet is unnecessary for almost all use cases outside of an enterprise environment. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors