Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjplatt
Punch Card
Views: 1,121
Message 1 of 4

Network shares on T470 not accessible through new Thunderbolt 3 dock

Network shares, both administrative and explicitly shared, cannot be accessed when the shares are on a laptop connected via ethernet through the new Thunderbolt 3 dock. Using the onboard NIC, WiFi, as well as the NIC on a Thinkpad Ultradock does not cause this. I have tested on 2 separate T470 laptops with both the Thunderbolt software from this link:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-T...

and the drivers from this link:  https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100356 

I also tried the "Intel Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt Firmware" just added and it appears to be the same version

I can access the machines shares from itself, just not from anywhere beyond the TBT3 NIC.

Attempting to browse to the share on the machine results in an Error code 0x80070035 The Network path was not found. Either by IP or DNS name.

rjplatt
Punch Card
Views: 1,074
Message 2 of 4

Re: Network shares on T470 not accessible through new Thunderbolt 3 dock

A few other items to note:
This is with the latest 1.29 BIOS on the T470.
Same result with the Windows firewall turned off.
This is with Windows 10 v. 1703
rjplatt
Punch Card
Views: 1,045
Message 3 of 4

I found that unchecking, clicking OK, then re-checking "File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks" in the Thinkpad TBT 3 Dock Ethernet properties resolved. It would seem the adapter gets installed but this doesn't get initialized properly looking like it is enabled when, in fact, it is not.
oz841
Punch Card
Views: 229
Message 4 of 4

Correct and also the client for MS windows. Same thing goes when doing peer-to-peer Thunderbolt 3 networking. Spent a good weekend figuring this out.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors