Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droider
Paper Tape
Views: 244
Message 1 of 1

New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webcam, Bluetooth

Hi Everyone, 

I am a new T410 owner. Bought this notebook for cheap and i am impressed by its quality. My specs for the laptop as follows. I upgraded ram and ssd and i am happy with the results but there is always a space for logical and not so costly improvements, that is why i am here to ask you experts and owners to get some suggestions if you please. I am a regular guy who uses its computers for web-browsing and watching online shows and some little photoshopping. This computer provided more than enough power for my usage and needs. 

i5 i5-520M (stock)

8gb ddr3 1333mhz ram ( it was 4gb before )
120gb kingston hyperX ssd ( had a 160gb 7200rpm seagate before )
Windows 10 legalized with Win7 Pro key found under the battery.
1440x900 resolution display

Everything works perfect with windows 10, i didn't even have to install any driver but some extra lenovo apps. I flashed the lasted 1.45 bios and that corrected some issues with Win10 installation. I have checked other T410 models but mine is missing some important specs like Bluetooth chip ( would prefer BT4 with low energy ) webcam support for skype, and fingerprint reader for added security. The touchpad is also worn by use in time and the palmrest housing is cracked on the edge of both sides. I have cut some carbon fiber stickers and put onto touchpad to keep aestetcis but the sensevitiy is not that good now. I want to know if 

I can upgrade cpu to i7 if yes, which model of i7 should i get ?
Can i add fingerprint reader to this device and at the same time changing the touchpad and palmrest housing. This would be 3 birds with one stone Smiley Happy

Is it possible to add Bluetooth 4.0 and LE supporting chip in ?
Can i add webcam but keep the keyboard light ? 

Thank you for your time and wish you all happy and productive days. 

ps: sorry for the english, it isn't my native language. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors