Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navcar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,647
Message 11 of 34

Re: New T450, won't wake up after prolonged sleep

Same problem here - leaving it plugged in during sleep overnight. Happended a few times in the morning when I was supposed to be getting my work marked off at university Smiley Sad Just this week it happended 3 times during travel!

jwong
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,619
Message 12 of 34

I called up Lenovo Support, and they asked me to first try the following:

Turn off notebook,

Remove battery and AC adapter,

Hold Power button for 5 seconds,

Reattach everything and turn on.

I'll see whether this helps... I should add, mine is a T450s with the same problem.

btw are you guys also on Windows 10?

AcE-Krystal
Token Ring
Views: 2,603
Message 13 of 34

Just to give a update.

The good new:

I don't have these problems anymore with my T450s

The bad new:
I'm not really really sure what fixed my problem. I sent my laptop for repair because of a other issue I had (heavy CPU throtteling while running on battery). Lenovo service solved it by replacing my mainboard and fan. But i have a faint thought of that it was fixed already before I sent it for repears... I have the faint idea that I looked into this problem more and did a bunch of driver updates for Windows 10 and especialy the Wireless card drivers..

You could try installing the latest Wireless card drivers, I believe I did not use the drivers from the lenovo site, but the newer drivers directly from my wireless card manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Glems
Paper Tape
Views: 2,559
Message 14 of 34

I've got the same issue with my T450s. Is there any fix?
Should I send back my laptop?

nf0020
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,538
Message 15 of 34

It stopped happening to me quite randomly at some point. I didn't change anything but it's fine now.

I'd say if its happening to you now with everything updated you might want to consider it.

Glems
Paper Tape
Views: 2,528
Message 16 of 34

Thanks for your answer! 

I have been experiencing this issue since I have it, so for 5 months now. My laptop is fully updated...

I will probably call this week, but having my laptop away is quite annoying.

AcE-Krystal
Token Ring
Views: 2,525
Message 17 of 34

Try the following:

I advice connecting your laptop to a network cable during this process, but windows should have default drivers available on your computer already for basic functionality.

- Go to run (windowskey + r )

- run "devmgmt.msc"

- Go to "Network adapters"

- Find your wireless adapter and rightclick>uninstall

- restart your laptop

- go again to "devmgmt.msc"

- If correct windows should have installed your wireless adapter on itself again.

- right click>Update Driver Software..." on your Wireless adapter.

This way it should fetch the latest drivers adviced by your windows installation.

If this does not work yet you could try downloading te latest drivers from Intel's site  if you have an Intel wireless card.

I guess this solved the problem for me, i saw atleast in my event log that my wireless adapter was causing problems every time I had this problem. And after fiddeling with a few things, including doing the steps above the problem dissapeared somewhere.

mansarin
Punch Card
Views: 2,516
Message 18 of 34

I turned off my deep sleep function somewhere in Lenovo Settings, if I remember correctly. It stopped happening after that. This was maybe 3 or 4 months ago.

I hope this helps.

M

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,508
Message 19 of 34

Hello,

This problem happens after updating to Windows 10.  Then, the system might get stuck coming out of the Deep Sleep state.

Here are some things you can do to avoid the issue.  You only need to do one of these things:

1. Turn off "30 day standby" option in Lenovo Settings (it's in the Power section)
  2. Reboot and press F1 to enter BIOS Setup.  Then, from the Config->Power page, set the option for "Intel (R) Rapid Start Technology" to "Disabled".  Then press F10 to save and exit.
  3. Delete the 7GB hibernation partition (needs advanced knowledge of DISKPART to do this)
  4. Go back to your previous OS (Win7 or Win8.1)

The easiest option is #1, if you have Lenovo Settings installed.  Or else #2 if you don't.

We are also working on a BIOS Update to solve this issue, but the release date hasn't been set yet.  Sorry for this trouble.

mansarin
Punch Card
Views: 2,500
Message 20 of 34

someotherguy,

Thanks for the response. I'm very glad to hear back from someone working for Lenovo's software branch. It would be nice if there were more around here to answer problems; one guy who claimed to be affiliated with Lenovo actually suggested a registry cleanup tool on one issue I had encountered!

I think Lenovo needs to invest more in its firmware and software development, as it's lagging behind strongly in those. The one thing that keeps me from suggesting Lenovo to my colleagues and friends is the high number of problem I encounter with either firmware or software Lenovo has worked on (supposedly).

Great laptop otherwise.

Cheers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors