Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbouchette
What's DOS?
Views: 961
Message 31 of 34

Re: New T450, won't wake up after prolonged sleep

I also needed to unplug the BIOS battery to solve the issue.  Will need to reset BIOS time/date, but at least computer booted again finally

mansarin
Punch Card
Views: 950
Message 32 of 34

dbouchette,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you explain more about why you think the hardware on the T series is no longer like it was before? Was it made better/ more reliably /etc. before? How can you tell?

Many thanks,

dbouchette
What's DOS?
Views: 934
Message 33 of 34

"Thanks for sharing your experience. Can you explain more about why you think the hardware on the T series is no longer like it was before? Was it made better/ more reliably /etc. before? How can you tell?"

There are a few things that I base my observations on.  One; the metal frame on of the T450's are not as durable/stiff as the previous T series laptops.  It is easy to feel the case flex much more on the T450 when carrying the unit in one hand than say my most recent T430 model.  Two; The previous T-series laptops always allowed easy access to remove the HDD, and now it requires full disassembly of the bottom of the laptop to access on the T450.  Three; accessing the memory also used to have a simple access panel and again, full disaseembly of the bottom of the laptop is required to access on the T450.  And four; the LCD display frame on the T450 is not anywhere near as strong or stiff as my T430 or previous models.  I realize their goal was to lighten up the new T series notebooks, but when the durability and strength are one of the main assets of a laptop description, Lenovo has fallen short with this new series.  I can look at purchasing semi-armoured units in the future, but the since the T-series inception they have been quite durable, until recently.

Lenovo Employee rbkirk
Lenovo Employee
Views: 582
Message 34 of 34

You can trigger power management settings to first do a Suspend (perhaps at 15% if the battery is pretty old)...but if the battery level gets below 10%, to trigger hibernation, which will no longer draw down battery like Suspend does. Be sure to recharge the device if it has been sitting without AC power before leaving hibernation.

A T450 may have a relatively old battery that has the potential to be chemically depleted. You want to make sure the battery reserve is enough to write the large hibernation file before exhausting itself....so if 10% in power settings is not enough of a reserve, you should raise it in 5% increments before triggering the hibernation.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors