Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joungandrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 215
Message 1 of 8

New T580 - Randomly Clicking in the Corner

I just bought this T580 (literally straight out of the box yesterday). Every now and then it randomly will click the bottom right-hand corner of my screen. Usually, this suddenly interrupts what I am doing by opening the notifications window, or making me type something that I didn't intend.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy fix? I want to fix this problem since I literally just bought this laptop.

Below are my specs.

image.png

This is my first post on this forum so apologies if I miss anything!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 186
Message 2 of 8

Re: New T580 - Randomly Clicking in the Corner

Hi there, joungandrew! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum. 

Please download or open the Lenovo vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check for a system update, then install them all. After that, restart the laptop and test it again. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

joungandrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 167
Message 3 of 8

I've downloaded all updates. I've also changed by touchpad settings to the lowest sensitivity, and disabled four-finger and three-finger clicks. I've also disabled notifications from the notifications sidebar so I am not confusing notifications for mis-clicks.

Despite all this, I am still getting random clicks in the corner. Has anyone else had this issue or do I need to send my laptop back to Lenovo for repair... This is pretty frustrating because I literally just bought this laptop....

joungandrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 157
Message 4 of 8

Alright. So I think that I've figured it out...

FIRST, this problem gets aggressively worse when I plug in external devices (e.g., an external mouse/keyboard) or my charger.

SECOND, I typically see clicks in the form of grey-ish circles/squares that are associated with touchscreen clicks, which made me think that the issue is my touchscreen.

Then, I found a bunch of posts roughly describing what I am describing.

The issue seems to be that there is insufficient electromagnetic shielding for the touchscreen (or something like that). Bottomline is that the touchscreen is the problem, and there is no software/update fix that people found. The solution? Disable your touchscreen.

While writing this, I had my charger plugged in for 20 minutes and, near the end, my cursor started clicking randomly everywhere for several minutes as I tried to type. I unplugged the charger, disabled my touchscreen, re-plugged my charger and ~VOILA~ problem gone.

Insanely frustrating.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 137
Message 5 of 8

Hi joungandrew!

Thanks for updating us,

We're suspecting a Ghost Touch issue based on the description of the problem, and since it was solved by disabling the Touchscreen. Let's try to uninstall and reinstall the Driver. Go to Device Manager,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4026149/windows-open-device-manager

Expand Human Interface Devices, and right click on HID complaint touchscreen, and select uninstall. If prompted, check the box for Delete Driver Software for this device.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

joungandrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 109
Message 6 of 8

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver twice. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 83
Message 7 of 8

Hey there again! 

We recommend contacting the Lenovo Think Line support at 1-800-932-0465 and inquire for a complete diagnosis/repair service as this could be a hardware problem with the laptop. 

Regards,

joungandrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 72
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll probably just hold on to the laptop since I can't really be without a laptop for a few weeks because of work.

In case anyone is having the same problem, disabling the HID touchscreen driver has been the fix for me!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors