Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nicholas_D
Paper Tape
Views: 769
Message 1 of 4

New ThinkPad T460p just arrived - product name and serial number missing from machine's exterior

This page shows where the product name and serial number should supposedly be displayed on my ThinkPad: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/find-product-name?cid=EDM_2016_NA_US_PP_SUPPORT_V2&RRID=1014681098&...

Howver, neither of these are displayed on my machine's exterior anywhere.

I do happen to know the product name and serial number. I was able to find them other ways - that's not the issue. As far as I know, these physical labels should have come with the machine.

Was this simply an error during assembly, or has Lenovo simply stopped putting on these labels? If the former, is there a way to request Lenovo send me these labels? If the latter, Lenovo might consider updating the page linked above.

Any inisight would be duly appreciated.

Nicholas

ocddave
Punch Card
Views: 762
Message 2 of 4

Re: New ThinkPad T460p just arrived - product name and serial number missing from machine's exterior

My T460p shows the T460p at the bottom right corner of the screen, and the serial number and product code under the battery. But the T460 is very dark on the corner of the screen, and serail/product numbers are on very dark black labels under the battery.

Nicholas_D
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 3 of 4

Re: New ThinkPad T460p just arrived - product name and serial number missing from machine's exterior

Perfect, thanks. Very dark - no kidding.  I literally had to put it in direct sunlight to see it. As for the serial number - now I know that "beneath the battery" means you actually have to remove the battery - as in the depth dimension, not the length or width dimension. Getting to know Lenovo. Thanks again.

ocddave
Punch Card
Views: 749
Message 4 of 4

I had to check mine again, the serial number is on a white barcode label under the battery on my new one. But everything else is black.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors