Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MM84
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 1 of 4

New Thinkpad T460s - Incorrect processon

I bought a new Thinkpad T460s laptop from Lenevo online store. I ordered a Intel i7-6600U CPU at 3.4GHz processor, but they sent me a 2.8GHz processor. When I asked them they replied it is 3.4GHz but not showing due to power saving.

But I do not agree with their response. So Lenevo please provide me a valid answer. Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 321
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Thinkpad T460s - Incorrect processon

There is only one kind of i7-6600U processor.  The CPU has a base frequency and uses TurboBoost to generate speeds up to 3.4 gHz.  CPU documentation is not consistent on how this information is displayed.   Here are the full specs:

http://ark.intel.com/products/88192/Intel-Core-i7-6600U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
MM84
Paper Tape
Views: 317
Message 3 of 4

Thnak you for the reply. Previosly I got the same reply from Lenevo online store.

But my concern is even when I am using 100% CPU, it is only 2.98GHz. Please find a acreen shot in the attachment. What that would mean?https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2iC43qYsdcARU5TU2tqY1NBNFE

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 310
Message 4 of 4

It is impossible to drive all the logical threads at the maximum speed.  Even if you are running a burn-in utility to drive all the threads, there are tasks related to the operating system that won't drive a thread that fast.  If you have a process that uses one thread, task manager will show 25% CPU usage plus the overhead

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors