cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herbertsi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 1 of 2

New Thinkpad Warranty Options for Online Purchase (2018)

It seems Lenovo just rolled out new plans for  Thinkpad customer to choose their warranty add-ons. It moved from old optional plans with different extent of bundled products (e.g. ADP, KYD, Sealed battery) into an a-la-carte item model for the customer to choose.

I compare Lenovo online sales website in HK, JP, SG and US and have the following findings:

1. Not all countries have rolled out the new warranty options scheme yet (e.g. Lenovo HK and Lenovo JP is still using old "bundled" warranty plan option)

2. Inconsistencies on the choice of additional warranty services available for Thinkpad customers (For Levono SG, Seal Battery, Keep Your Drive are not available as add-ons if the customer chooses Depot Warranty plan, while Lenovo US offers these add-ons to both Depot and Onsite Warranty. Meanwhile, Lenovo US customer need to buy an add-on for international warranty but Lenovo HK, SG offers the international warranty to all new Thinkpads they sold.

3. Lack of transparency on warranty add-on pricing. I noted Lenovo SG priced Seal Battery Add-on for T480s at SGD330 but same Add ons in Lenovo US is only quoted at USD$26.

Can Lenovo explain why such discrepencies happen? And welcome you all share your findings on the Thinkpad warranty add-on offerings in your home country.  

T570
Punch Card
Views: 153
Message 2 of 2

Re: New Thinkpad Warranty Options for Online Purchase (2018)

here in Austria we have the same Bundle think.

I got the "international" Warranty for <30€ thats amazing!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors