Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGG_440p
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 1 of 3

New palmrest for T440p

Hi,

I recently purchased a used T440p, more specifically a model 20AW-S0RK03. Unfortuntatly it arrived damaged and, naive as I was, I accepted a small partial refund and figured it wouldn't be too much on an issue to replace it...

However, it seems that this part is rather difficult to obtain and furthermore I now realize that the palmrest for the T440p exists with several different internal designs (number/placement of screw holes etc.).

If possible I would much prefer not having to disassemble it twice - once to figure out the part number and once again when the part arrives - so if anyone can inform me what part number I need for my specific model (20AW-S0RK03), then that would be a huge help.

Any tips on where to buy (if allowed) will also be greatly appreciated. Note that I'm a student, so both cost and delivery time (I'm in Europe) needs to be considered.

Thanks in advance. I really hope that someone can assist me with this tiresome situation.
Rasmus

TGG_440p
Paper Tape
Views: 156
Message 2 of 3

Re: New palmrest for T440p

Actually, after finding this site; https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/dk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-...Smiley Frustrated

it seems that I need the one with FRU: 04X5394 (-93 to -97 seemingly exist).

I'm not too impressed with how I had to enter the model number indirectly somewhere else on the website and have it carry over (as I wouldn't get any results when I entered it directly in the link above - and I tried with and without the hyphen), so if someone can confirm my finding that would still be great, thanks.

And if someone has a spare part lying around, please don't hesitate to contact me (I see in the community guidelines that this sort of request is accepted in scenarios like this).

TGG_440p
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 3 of 3

Re: New palmrest for T440p

... And I was kinda considering to purchase one without the fingerprint reader before I discovered the differences in internal layout, so if someone can confirm whether a part exists where the internal layout is identical, but without the fingerprint reader, that would be great too.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors