Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1rufan
What's DOS?
Views: 750
Message 1 of 3

No Audio on T420

Hi,

I am a newbie here and having  audio issues on my T420. A liitle background the notebook is running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit upgraded from Windows 7 Pro. The notebook was running fine until my Avast virus software falsely detected VBS Malware a couple of weeks ago.  Avast quarintined suspected files and deleted a bunch upon bootup. Since that time my audio stopped working. I see a red diagnoal X on the speaker symbol and it says, "The audio source is not running". I get an error message when I run troubleshoot. I went to device manager to uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers. I am unable to open Smart Audio in Control Panel. 

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. 

Also is it possible to still go back to Windows 7. If so and I can get my audio back I would not mind.

Thanks in advance,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 727
Message 2 of 3

Re: No Audio on T420

If it was done by an update, you can revert for the first 30 days.  Otherwise, install system update to reinstall audio.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Murster
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 3 of 3

Re: No Audio on T420

Richk, I lost audio device and Windows 10 won't even re-install the High Definition Audio Driver any longer.

I searched Lenovo using my system's model and serial number and it lead me to a driver; Conexant Audio Software for Windows 7(32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad T420 and T420i.

I tried installing but it returns: no Conexant device found and I can't complete. How can I find out if this is on my laptop? or is it something that was removed by deleating it or is it a piece of hardware?

It's confusing to me because Windows Sound says No Audio Devices are Found. Troubleshooting can't find a problem, and devicemanager no longer shows Sound, Audio and other in the tree with show hidden devices checked.

Mur

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors