cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,640

Question

Taskbar icon for Gigabit Network Connection shows "No Internet Access".  But internet access works fine.  However, since the driver thinks there is no access, I have to disable WiFi to force the laptop to use the wired LAN.  Device Manager says everything works fine.  The latest driver update says I have the latest driver (12.10.29.0 dated 2014-05-02).  My T430 with the same adapter works fine.  What do I do? 

Answer

Windows might just be failing the condition check for internet access (pinging some server or something).Check if you are running any particular network security settings that might block pings.

Use the System Checker Tool to check for corrupt or missing files. A common problem in this case is a corrupted file (CNBJ2530.DPB).  

To use the System Checker Tool, run SFCFix.exe to correct it.

If the problem still persists, disable the Network Connector Status Indicator (NCSI)  function. For more information on the functions of this indicator, please visit this link.

To do so, do a registry edit (regedit). Go to Start >> All Programs and click on Accessories. Right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator

A User Account Control box should appear . Confirm it is want you want and then click on Continue, then type regedit.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet

Locate the Internet key, double-click EnableActiveProbing, and then in Value data, type 0

This  prevents NCSI from connecting to a site on the Internet during checks for connectivity. Click Ok, then reboot.

Was this information helpful?