Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oursbrun
Token Ring
Views: 3,945
Message 1 of 3

No access to bios Thinpad T450s

Hello everyone,
My Thinkpad T450s under w7 Pro worked perfectly and I wanted to switch it to w10 by reformatting to make a clean installation.

After the install, w10 works perfectly and I wanted to enter the Bios by F2, it does not open anymore.
Same for the boot menu by F12, it does not open anymore.

I tried also by the recovery, there instead of the Bios I'm entitled to all other starts.

I can not boot on usb stick it is impossible to stay in the state.
cordially

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,937
Message 2 of 3

Re: No access to bios Thinpad T450s

Hi,

Are you trying those keys on startup or on restart?  If you've only tried on startup,  try on restart - or on startup after a full shutdown (SHIFT + shut down).

You could also try the advanced startup options from within windows.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

oursbrun
Token Ring
Views: 3,883
Message 3 of 3

Re: No access to bios Thinpad T450s

Good evening,
I just post my results after bios update formerly v.0.3 and current 1.30.
To begin, I opened the laptop, unplugged the 2 batteries, the battery of bios and everything in place.
At startup, press F1 several times when the logo appears and a bell sounds: the Bios setup opens.
At startup, press F12 several times when the logo appears and a buzzer sounds: the Boot menu opens to choose its start.
I repeat the same operation by engaging a USB key in one of the connectors and there, impossible to get the Bios or Boot menu.
I keep my finger pressed for several seconds on the "start" button until the indicator light goes off for a long time.
Normal restart by using sometimes F1, F12, + a engaged USB, everything works perfectly.
I realized that you had to tap the keys 4 or 5 times to get the ring and that it does not succeed every time, but hey ... we do not use the Bios every day no More.
All finished well finally.
cordially

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors