Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jminiman
Serial Port
Views: 1,289
Message 1 of 4

No longer able to connect to AT&T 3G with Gobi 2000 Modem

Never had any issues before; I'd always see the AT&T connection available from the Network Connections area.  This is Windows 7 64-bit.  I put the SIM into an AT&T authorized USB data card to test being able to use my account on other devices.  As soon as I returned the SIM to my battery compartment, I could no longer connect.  I've tried replacing the SIM several times as well as uninstalling/reinstalling the Gobi driver.  What else might I be able to try - this is so frustrating!

ThinkPad T510 with Win7 64-bit

jminiman
Serial Port
Views: 1,277
Message 2 of 4

Re: No longer able to connect to AT&T 3G with Gobi 2000 Modem

To be clear, the Gobi 2000 does show up in Device Manager (and ipconfig /all with MAC address).  And Fn+5 has it listed as on.  I just see nothing in my Windows 7 Active Connections taskbar pop-up.

jminiman
Serial Port
Views: 1,270
Message 3 of 4

Problem solved: it turns out that if you're out of reception, you don't see the AT&T 3G connection at all.  That's silly.  It should show zero bars or the X icon that displays on a standard handset out of signal range.

jamesnb
Punch Card
Views: 1,239
Message 4 of 4

Just curious jminiman,

Have you ever tried to use different SIM card other than AT&T? I placed an order T410 with Gobi 2000 GPS 3G and wonder if I could use GSM SIM card of other carriers (in Europe particularly)

I selected Verizon Open SIM card when configured the machine.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors