Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitch
What's DOS?
Views: 2,866
Message 1 of 5

No working wireless adapter driver

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a T410 with Win 7 64bit installed. I've just done a complete rebuild and all drivers are installed except for the Wifi adapter. I've tried all of the ones on the website and tried looking on the Intel site but can't find any drivers for Win 7 64bit.

How can I identify exactly which adapter I have? Has anyone else had this problem and can point me in the direction of the correct driver?

The machine is 2537-22G

Many thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,862
Message 2 of 5

Re: No working wireless adapter driver

Hello and welcome,

If I go to the "support" graphic above the forum it takes me here (in the US, anyway): support.lenovo.com/en_US/  I used the "quick path" tab and entered your full model number.  The top of the page that shows up says:

ThinkPad T410 (2537-22G)

i5-520M(2.4GHz), 2GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HD, 14.1in 1280x800 LCD, Intel HD Graphics, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11agn wireless, Bluetooth, Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure Chip, Fingerprint reader, 6c Li-Ion, Win7 Pro 32

"Download Drivers & Software" on the left brings up a page full of drivers.  Expanding "Networking" gives a list of drivers.  The first one says "Intel Wireless LAN (bg, abg, abgn) for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad" which looks to be the correct one for your machine - even with 64 bit Win 7 installed.

Do you see something different?  Maybe your different location is giving you a different page?

One other way to do this is to just manually install ThinkVantage System Update via your wired connection and let it pull down the correct drivers.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

nitch
What's DOS?
Views: 2,850
Message 3 of 5

Hello, thanks for your reply. I've tried that one (well all of the ones listed now) but ill try the thinkvantage method next. Thanks again
ThorsHammer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,830
Message 4 of 5

Intel WiFi package v14.01.1000 dated June 26, 2011 is at http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8aw212ww.exe

Intel WiFi package v13.04.0000 dated June 22, 2011 is at http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6mws21ww.exe

I am using the 6/22/2011 package in our image at the moment.  Assuming you have an Intel WiFi card, either "should" work.

Former Employee
Views: 2,827
Message 5 of 5

After you install the drivers, remember to turn on the "Wireless" switch on the right side of the laptop and use Fn + F5 then turn on WLAN.

//JameZ

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors