Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HiltonH
Paper Tape
Views: 3,258
Message 1 of 4

Not detecting sim card T460s

My laptop is not detecting the sim card, it came with a sim that it also cannot detect. The message displayed is: Insert Sim. 

The sim is on O2 network and works in my ipad.  

I have rebooted and installed all latestr firmwares. 

Model: 20F90042UK 

WWAN Card: Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcom Snapdragon X7 LTE-A

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,233
Message 2 of 4

Re: Not detecting sim card T460s

Hello and welcome

I think you insert the SIM card while the laptop is powered on. This behavior causes issue you face with. So, to insert the SIM card power off the laptop completely, using the Shift key and remove the AC charger.

Also, make sure the SIM card doesn't need the PIN code.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

HiltonH
Paper Tape
Views: 3,230
Message 3 of 4

Hi, 

I have just tried that but unfortunatly its still the same.

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,226
Message 4 of 4

I hope you insert the SIM card carefully and properly, according to the laptop User Guide. Its tray is frangible enough.

Is the SIM card tariff/contract universal, for both, tablets and modems? There might be restrictions depending on cellular operator. Is O2 your home network? Do you have another SIM card with internet access service activated, at least for the test purpose?

Regarding the wwan card installed: is there em7455 entry in the Windows Device Manager, without errors?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors