Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjenkin
Paper Tape
Views: 5,520
Message 1 of 4

OEM ISO

I have several T510/W520 that came with Windows 7 Pro. I key trhe product keys and would to cleanly reinstall these in prep for upgrading to Windows 10. 

How do I can a copy of the Windows 7 Pro OEM that came with these laptops?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,484
Message 2 of 4

Re: OEM ISO

You can buy disks from Lenovo, but reinstalling windows 7 is difficult, since Microsoft has done little to keep things compaitble with windows update. Those machines are old enough that Lenovo drivers will not necessarily be compatible enough to do an upgrade to 10.  If they were mine, I would try clean installs of 10 using an image from MS.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,475
Message 3 of 4

Additional info:

Neither machine you describe is on the official Lenovo supported win10 list.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103535?linkTrack=MastSmiley FrustratedubNavSmiley Frustratedupport:Large%20Enterprise:W...

Did you buy these machines on Ebay or -similar-?

A game plan to install win7 then update to win 10 is not the normal path.

Unless you have WIN 10 license with downgrade rights to win 7, you have 0 win 10 license.

==

If you would like to refurbish the machines back to win 7, 2009... you could try the factory recovery option documented in hardware maintenance manual on your support page.. and TRY win7 windows update.

=

Your best best, as richk stated, is to install win10 directly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The 2 machine types stated are not that old.

A purchase  of the win 10 license is required. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,458
Message 4 of 4

If you bought the machines used, I suggest installing win 10 and see if it activates automatically BEFORE buying licenses from MS.  It is possible the original owner got the win 10 free upgrade to try.  In that case, it will be flagged by MS as having a license

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors