cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newaygo101
Paper Tape
Views: 308
Message 1 of 4

OS Product Key Code How Do I Get My Hard Drive FAILED?

My Original Hard Drive Failed so How do I get a Copy of my WIndows 7 OS and Product Key Code?

When I attempt to use Lenovo Tech Support and enter my "SERIAL NUMBER" it says product cannot be FOUND maybe being I have never needed used it or Register it yet I OWN It! And this is the First Brand that does not recognize a Serial Number!!!

Since I cannot recover any Data Off the HD And the Product Key Code is no where on the bottom of the Laptop how do I get the PRODUCT KEY CODE and possible A Copy of Windows 7 Pro? Who do I call??? Being There is no Phone Number on the Lenovo SUPPORT Page that Provides Anything and I am already Tired of Jumping through Hoops I own 2 Lenovos and to deal with a Forum is just an Added Time Waster, they need to have Better Support than a Outside Forum they need a way Contact them Directly. And being their Support does not Recognize My Serial Number I cannot go any Further. Technology!!!

Newaygo101 

Newaygo101
Paper Tape
Views: 282
Message 2 of 4

Re: OS Product Key Code How Do I Get My Hard Drive FAILED?

Well as Usuaully no Help here So Much for Lenovo They have no Support and find if you order a Recovery Media 3 to 5 weeks really so I have a Lenovo T540P and I cannot use it for that Long what a Waste!

Seems time to walk away from the Whole Technology Thing qand DLL over a slow Connection you should be able to get a Recovery Mdeia within a Week another reason why you cannot use Technology being you have to WAIT!!!

So Much for Lenovo and this Community. Done here No Reply Needed, I get it, you are stuck with their lack of SUPPORT from this Community and Lenovo! 

Newaygo101

bo1953
Serial Port
Views: 273
Message 3 of 4

I Am so sorry that you chose not to register your system upon receipt, nor did you do a back up, nor did you choose to copy down (somewhere or someplace) identifying information about your system.

It is difficult to answer your question as most of us would not be able to do this for you.

Is it possible that you could send the drive off to an expert who can possibly extract the information from the disk for you? Expensive lesson, I have been in such a situation and had to hire someone to extract as much data as possible.

At any rate, good luck for you and it is NOT the forum or Lenovo in this case. One cannot usually expect a response within 10 minutes etc.. contact your system admin or computer support personal for this type of turn around.

Sometimes I get NO replies to my questions or concerns... do not take it personally, take action going forward to protect yourself from this type of situation.

Did you try Microsoft help for the OS? I  presume not.

Good luck and Happy Holidays...

T61, 6465, Vista
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 246
Message 4 of 4

It helps now that we know the laptop's model.

If it was a Windows 7 preload - not by way of downgrade rights - there may be a CoA sticker in the battery compartment.

If it was a downgrade a clean '7 install can be activated but it's a pain:  Understanding downgrade rights

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors