cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 9,137

Question

I recently had to reinstall my operating system, and I have been able to successfully install all of my drivers except for the on screen display. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise (x64). I downloaded and attempted to install the hot keys integration driver here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-74261 but each time I run the installation, the on screen display fails to install with the same "Copy Error" telling me that it cannot copy files to the destination. When it fails it prompts with the option to skip or manually install. I select manual installation and this is the error I get: 

---------------------------
ThinkPad Hotkey Features Integration Setup
ThinkPad Hotkey Features Integration Setup is required to install this driver or application.
Try restarting your computer before running ThinkPad Hotkey Features Integration Setup again.
OK   
With no option other than to close the installation. I then am told to restart my computer, which I have tried multiple times, but to no avail. Any ideas here?

Answer

Try uninstalling as many non-drivers [UltraNav Utilities, Hotkeys, Toolbox (really don't like toolbox), Communications Utility, System Update, I may have missed some].

Then restart, go to "C:\Program Files" and/or "C:\Program Files (x86)" and just wipe out the Lenovo directory.

I'd also give the "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folder permissions a quick check too; they might be causing any new folders to inherit certain restrictive permissions. Then try installing the tools again.

Run CCleaner's file and registry cleanup just in case.  Download Piriform's CCleaner here

Was this information helpful?