Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roaddog
Punch Card
Views: 791
Message 1 of 2

Outrageous repair fee while under Warranty

Sent my T440 to Memphis under Warranty with problem 'SD slot no longer recognizing card' (isolated problem on two other pc) and was quoted $544 REPAIR FEE because the contacts were 'damaged'. This is not only an outrageous amount of $$ to replace a $20 or less part but I have no idea how it was 'damaged'. One day it recognized an SD card, next morning did not. I've requested 'elevation' of the repair and tried to point out how this is my FIFTH ThinkPad and how my recommendation led to SIRIUS purchase of 20 TP's over HP laptops which also led to personal LENOVO purchases and my wife also has two LENOVO laptop/tablet over other brands and I'm SO DISAPPOINTED in the current service support for a T440 UNDER WARRANTY. How can a failed SD slot replacement cost $544?????? That makes no sense. I'm to hear from LENOVO service Mon/Tue depending if the dept works President's Day. The operator who provided the $544 amount needs some customer service retraining. I'm personally sad about the poor quality service having seen amazing support in the past including 48 hour turnaround on two other TPads in the past few years. UGGGHHH!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 777
Message 2 of 2

Re: Outrageous repair fee while under Warranty

Obviously, I cannot see the machine to examine it.  If something is physically damaged by the customer, such as from a liquid spill, or from physical abuse or force, it would only be covered if the owner purchased accidental damage coverage.  If the damage is caused by a manufacturing defect, then it should be covered.  If you think this is the case, you can ask for a photo of the damage and ask for a 2nd opinion.  The SD slot is part of the motherboard, so the price would be for a motherboard replacement.  As customers have demanded thinner and lighter machines, more parts are on the motherboard as soldered components.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors