Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pitchdown
Fanfold Paper
Views: 956
Message 1 of 4

PXE boot for MDT 2013 T450S

Hello

i am trying to install a new image on my T450S with latest bios.

PXE boot from my WDS-server isn`t working to this laptop (all others brands like HP etc. are working)

With default WDS-settings (so no option 66 or 67) i get PXE 53 No boot file name received.

Tried many options with changing these settings in WDS and also in the bios of the T450S without results.

Which settings are needed to pxe boot the T450S to WDS/MDT?

Thx

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 934
Message 2 of 4

Re: PXE boot for MDT 2013 T450S

PitchDown,

To start with, I will recommend going into the BIOS and pressing F9 for the Setup Defaults.  Press Yes to accept the OS Optimized Defaults Enabled. Then press F10 to save them and reboot and attempt to PXE the device using the F12 menu.  Once that is tested, go back to the BIOS and disable Secure Boot and then PXE the computer again.  Lastly, once that test is finished, go back into the BIOS and change the boot option to Legacy.  These tests will allow us to know how your T450s is reacting to the WDS Environment.

The next things you can try in WDS, is on the TFTP Tab, setting the max block size to 16384 and enabling the Variable Window Extension.  The other question is what your setting is on the PXE response tab.  I have my lab set to Respond to all client computers (known and unknown), no check in the Require Administrator Approval.

Let me know what these test turn up.

TLawson

pitchdown
Fanfold Paper
Views: 930
Message 3 of 4

Hi

All the settings are set as you mentioned. Problemen still exists ( on the lenovo laptop)

pitchdown
Fanfold Paper
Views: 916
Message 4 of 4

Found the solution !
Disable netbios on WDS/MDT-server and after this it works!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors