Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjsolar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,915
Message 1 of 9

Performance of 512GB PCIe OPAL SSD

Hello,

Im new to the forums. Just purchased a NEW T470p and need to find out the WRITE/READ speed of my 512GB PCIe NVMe OPAL 2 SSD. Here is what the drive is according to device manager: LENSE20512GMSP34MEAT2TA

Is this Samsung, Toshiba, or ???? Im wondering what the typical W/R speed is for this drive. Are there any recommendations on optimizing this drive? Also should I be using drivers supplied? Any help regarding the SSD will be GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ! THANKS and I look forward to all the help from the Lenovo Community

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,899
Message 2 of 9

Re: Performance of 512GB PCIe OPAL SSD

It is a Lenovo-branded drive.  You don't need a special driver.  It has been my experience that some drives do better on some speed tests and others do better on other test.  I notice a big difference between an SSD and a spinning drive, but I don't really notice a tangible difference between SSDs

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
tjsolar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,831
Message 3 of 9

So what driver do I remove and what driver do I add?? I need this Lenovo SSD NVMe OPAL to run at its max R/W

tjsolar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,813
Message 4 of 9

HOW DO I Contact technical support ? ? IS there a 1-800 number or ?? Tried LIVE CHAT and it said NOT SUPPORTED IN MY COUNTRY ? ? Im in the USA . I jusat purchased this T470p and the NVMe SSD isn's running up to speck at all. Ive read that the WINDOWS drivers need to be updated to LENOVO drivers. What drivers are they?? I tried checking the driver board and all i got was a driver that constantly FAILS to open and run?? Been trying to fix this issue for almost a month without any SPECIFIC HELP

tjsolar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,811
Message 5 of 9

My  LENSE20512GMSP34MEAT2TA  SSD drive refuses to work at proper speed. Its a  512GB NVMe SSD. I have heard that the native windows 10 drivers slow this drive down. Need to install LENOVO driver. What driver is it?? All I get in the driver search is a NVMe Firmware update that doesnt want to open and run?? Please someone help me ASAP. This issue is driving ME NUTS !! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,808
Message 6 of 9

It might help to know what speeds you're currently seeing - and what you expect.

The T470p uses 2 PCIe 3.0 lanes for NVMe drives so max speed is around 1600MB/s.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20T470p/ThinkPad_T470p_Platform_Specificat...

M.2 SSD / PCIe NVMe, PCIe 3.0 x 2, 16Gb/s

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

tjsolar
Paper Tape
Views: 4,772
Message 7 of 9

I think I got the issue fixed. The READ speed is 1509 Mbps and WRITE is 875 Mbps. Does that sound correct?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,765
Message 8 of 9

I don't know what the specs are for that SSD.  The read speed you post is about the max for the laptop's PCIe connection, so that looks OK.

Here's another thread that mentions changing the buffer management setting to improve the write speed.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T470-SSD-slow-write-speed/td-p/3806987

What did you do to fix the problem?  That might be helpful to others here.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

ThrottlePusher
Paper Tape
Views: 835
Message 9 of 9

I have the drive in myX390. It tested; Read 3000 MB/s Writes 1500 MB/s

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors