cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oneida101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 241
Message 1 of 4

Possibly Purchasing Another T540P Questions before spending the $???

1) Are You Required to Set Up and Use the Fingerprint Reader on a T540P?

2) Can you Purchase a Back Up Copy of the OS so if you have a Hard Drive Failure You can just replace the Hard Drive and Reload the Entire OS with all the Lenovo Features and Drivers and not have to to play with getting things back and Working?

3) Is it Possible to Replace the Existing Hard Drive  with a Much Larger One so you can keep everything on One Laptop and not having to move the Data off to and External Drive and then look for that data on another Device. Like a 1 or even 2 TB Internal Hard Drive and it will actually work and no glitches like I have had with my T540P since my hd failed and not able use.

And is there any  Lenovo Service Centers that can possible make a 1 TB or 2 TB work and not cost half of the cost of a New Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro OS on it? Or is it you are limited to the Max for a Hard Drive of only 500 GB???

Since Lenovo Has No Pre Purchase Support Via Email even when you Contact them You Never Get Any Response From Them! And though their Thinkpad are 300.00 More that other brands... You would hope you can get Direct Support from them...

Starting to look at Other Brands... Due to lack of Support as to getting a Complete Copy of Software that comes with a Thinkpad in case of Failure...

Oneida101

Oneida101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 120
Message 2 of 4

Re: Possibly Purchasing Another T540P Questions before spending the $???

No Sales Support ???

Onieda101

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 113
Message 3 of 4

There isn't sales support here.  I will try to answer what I can.  

T540p isn't a current machine.  There are newer models.  

You can look here for backup versions of OS:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103653?LinkTrack=Solr

You don't need to serup FP reader, or you can buy without one.

There are 1 and 2TB drives that fit in T540p.  I have no knowledge about what configurations are currently being sold.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Oneida101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 105
Message 4 of 4

Wow Lenovo has No Support on their Website and an IT MGR I knowe suggested I post Questions here because the sveral time I sent Lenovo Questions They Never Responded to my emails. I Took a Big Chance on purchasing a Lenovo T540P as someone ( IT Mgr I know but lives in another state) suggest a Lenovo to have the ability to but a Laptop/ Notebook and buy a a Larger Battery other Brands no longer offer with their Laptop Products! I gues Lenovo does not want to make sales because a few that sell them one said I needed to Set Up the Fingerprint Reader! And Another Siad I did not. The T540P might be an older Model but some are still slling them and for the "PRICE" I can Find another they only have a Model with the Fingerprint Reader. As for why I am asking about Software the T540P I have the Hard Drive Failed 1.5 years and No Data could be "Recovered" and when I attempted to get a Copy of the OS I replaced the Hard Drive I called and was advised I needed to call back M-F to Purchase a new Copy for my T540P but still it has not worked as it did seems like Drivers I loaded off the Lenovo Site are not "COMPLETE" And Several of the "Recommended" will never Load off their Site it starts and after hours never Completes even when I scale back only 2 of the 4 I can never get them to Load on to my... So Appears there is No Support and Attempting to use the Copy Of Recovery Media is not a "Complete" Media to get a Laptop Computer back up and Functioning 100% so I am back to an old Laptop that is Not a Lenovo. I Dislike Forums because They always talk way Above my Head as if I am All Things Tech as too many here think we all are!!!

Looks like I just find any Brand that offers a larger battery with a large Hard Drive and Not be Brand Loyal you would Think Lenovo would want but appears NOT!!!

So Now I have been searching out Other Brands because Here The few times I have asked for Assistance those Talk as if I am Knowledgeable of all Things Technology. Guess I just start looking at Other Brands that offer the Things I am asking About Here and Not be Lenovo Loyal!!!

Thanks, sad they don't have someone that Willing to Support Sales Here!!! Or Tech Support that someone can use!

Onieda101  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors