Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRJT400
Punch Card
Views: 149
Message 1 of 2

Power Problem - T440s

This is probably a simple problem, but I can't figure it out.

Device: T440s running Windows 10 Pro

Problem(s): If I unplug it from the power adapter, re-plugging it has the following effects--it does not recognize that it is plugged in, and the red light over the 'i' on the lid repeatedly flashes a fast sequence of four short flashes followed by a brief pause. It does this until the battery drains and then it shuts down.

Adding some further confusion: It will not shut down or restart when plugged in. It will sit on the blue, "Shutting Down" or "Restarting Windows" page for as long as I leave it. I have to force it to shut down by holding down the power button until it turns off.

And yet further confusion: If, while it is turned off, I disconnect the external battery and plug in the adapter, I get the standard three flashes to indicate that it's charging. I can then reconnect the external battery, and it charges like normal though the light gives me an occasional double-flash as it charges and the charger gets hotter than normal.

So, I'm not sure if this is a bad adapter, battery, motherboard, or something else entirely. I'd like to fix it before my Macbook wielding colleagues catch on and give me grief.

Any help is much appreciated.

DRJT400
T400, 2.4 GHz P8600, 2G RAM, Win7 (32 bit)
T440s, i7 4600U, 8G RAM, Win8.1 Pro (64 bit)
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 112
Message 2 of 2

Re: Power Problem - T440s

Strange.  First, I would make sure I had the latest BIOS.  I would go into Lenovo settings and change power settings to their defaults.  

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors