rborland_ict
Serial Port
Views: 409
Message 1 of 6

Precision drivers for Synaptics touchpad on T430

T430

2344-DAG

Windows 10 ver 1809

I currently have Synaptics driver version 19.3.4.214 but the touchpad freezes frequently. I can unfreeze it by moving the pointer with the trackpoint but I would prefer to have a working driver.

I have tried installing the Precision driver downloaded from Lenovo in file n1mgx14w.zip but this failed to install and I ended up with no touchpad function and also no keyboard function.

I would appreciate any advice from users who have got this upgrade working on the T430.

Regards,

Rob

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 359
Message 2 of 6

Re: Precision drivers for Synaptics touchpad on T430

Hi

Welcome to the Community,

The upgraded version that is available in our support website would be 19.0.17.140,

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

We're unable to find the version in the T430 Drivers and Software, but it would be best to install the one listed, since it is the compatible driver. Let us know the result afterwards,

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

rborland_ict
Serial Port
Views: 350
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion but I stopped using that version some time ago because of even more frequent pointer freezing than the later version that I currently used.

These freezing problems apparently originally started after upgrading from Win-8.1 to Win-10 so I'm hoping that the Microsoft Precision drivers might be tailored more closely to Win-10 and might be the solution.

Considering all the claims about the virtues of the Precision standard and the close cooperation between Microsoft and Lenovo I am quite surprised that the onine documentation I can find appears to comprise mainly endless repeats of the original article on Reddit. Perhaps I am missing the official Microsoft/Lenovo documentation? 

Perhaps the hardware I have will not support the new Precision drivers? Is there any way for me to tell?

Regards.

Piross1528
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 4 of 6

Hello there, I have installed the drivers in this post. I have a T430 running Windows 10. Although the message "You have a Precision Trackpad" message appeared after I added the drivers, the trackpad/pointer is not working at all. It is totally non-functional and only regains function if I delete the driver. Has anyone in this forum successfully installed the precision trackpad driver on a T430 that enabled three fingered gestures? Please let me know if there is a new driver that I can download on this T430 to enable three fingered gestures. Thank you!

rborland_ict
Serial Port
Views: 252
Message 5 of 6

Please confirm the version number of the driver you installed.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 220
Message 6 of 6

T430 does not have a precision touchpad, therefore it is not possible to use the precision touchpad drivers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors