Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ostkaka
What's DOS?
Views: 244
Message 1 of 3

Problem disabling Trackpad in BIOS Version 1.22 on Thinkpad T460s

I have set Trackpad to disabled in BIOS menu. This does not completely disable the Trackpad.

The clickpad is disabled but I can still move my cursor with the Trackpad and tap to click.

I want to completely disable the Trackpad.

Thinkpad T460s - BIOS Update Version 1.22 - Ubuntu 16.10 Desktop

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 136
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem disabling Trackpad in BIOS Version 1.22 on Thinkpad T460s

I assume your question is about linux based on your signature.  Unfortunately the BIOS setting is not a hardware disable switch.  It is just a flag which the software (driver) is supposed to follow.  I guess the linux driver may not be following this flag correctly, and leaves some of the features enabled anyway.  You might have better luck asking this question on a linux forum to see if any users have figured something out.  It might be something as simple as a more recent driver, but I don't know for sure.

I'm a little bit confused what you mean by TrackPad.  We call the red dot thing, along with the 3 buttons below it, the "TrackPoint".  The larger pad thing below the 3 buttons is "TouchPad".  Which one are you trying to disable?

ostkaka
What's DOS?
Views: 130
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem disabling Trackpad in BIOS Version 1.22 on Thinkpad T460s

> Unfortunately the BIOS setting is not a hardware disable switch.  It is just a flag which the software (driver) is supposed to follow.

Oh, I assumed it was a hardware switch. This makes sense now.

>I'm a little bit confused what you mean by TrackPad.

I wanted to disable TouchPad, got the terminology mixed up with Apple, sorry.

Thanks for your information and time!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors